MS180 Adjustable Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok,

I found the IPL from this site (Thanks Ray B!). From the diagram I don't see a gasket between the filter box and the carbuerator. Could someone confirm this? Thanks in advance.

Peter

Most saws have no gasket between the carb and the air filter box or elbow

I would like to consider changing out the main jet on my MS170 instead of doing a full carb swap. It currently has a Zama carb in it. i have read some part numbers on fixed jets, but they were all from walbro carbs. will these work with mine? some pics for fun...
f8f3fc8f.jpg

929c3ddc.jpg

4d989e71.jpg

54ee8844.jpg

Just installed a new WT-215 on my MS180 and did a muffler mod. I just tweaked the throttle linkage a little to get it to go on and it goes wide open OK. I dialed it in and put 2 tanks through it. Runs great, starts so easy and idles without stalling. ( SUPER NICE UPGRADE ) A big thanks to all who shared their time and ideas to make this info available.

For those that have done this, how do you get the brass plug out of the 215 carb?

For those that have done this, how do you get the brass plug out of the 215 carb?

I just used a drywall screw. The swap was super successful - it was a completely new and better saw afterwards. A big thank-you to Brad for outlining the procedure. This is the sort of thread that makes this such a great forum.

Just installed a new WT-215 on my MS180 and did a muffler mod. I just tweaked the throttle linkage a little to get it to go on and it goes wide open OK. I dialed it in and put 2 tanks through it. Runs great, starts so easy and idles without stalling. ( SUPER NICE UPGRADE ) A big thanks to all who shared their time and ideas to make this info available.

Glad you revived this thread R/C.

I just bought a 018C for my ground guy to use. I got to good of deal to pass it up. I like the saw but, the carb sucks! Had it off twice already and these damn Intelajunk deals are the down fall of a good running saw. This thing has to be running so lean already if I put it to the wood like I do with my 200T it will not last a week in the summertime. This is the only Intelajunk I have in the fleet. Worst part is all this shifting weather here in So. Jersey :( I have a pile of carbs laying around and a few extras from 020 and 200T parts saws :) Thanks to all who put the time in for such a great mod. Now I can get some mods done to this thing and have some sense of security when I mod it.

Found a MS-180-C for a few bucks, owner saying the piston burned out. I noticed the chain was super dull. When I got it home I started the saw as is and it seemed fine. I pulled the muffler and saw some slight brown spots but no vertical scoring. Dumped the gas, blew everything clean with an air compressor, sharpened the chain a bunch, put good mix in and it cut very nicely indeed, for what it is.

I don't yet have a compression tester. If I hold the rope handle it will slowly fall. If you guys think the P & C are ok with the brown spots but no vertical scoring, I'll order a WB215 carb and do the muff mods, etc.

What cheap compression tester do I need?

I don't care for the tool-less chain tensioner, but I can live with it--unless a standard chain tightener would fit in it without 50 in parts....

The ez-pull rope thing I like. It's kinda trippy :male-fighter2:

Will someone please post a picture of the holes you made to access the screws on the WT-215 carb?

Got the 215 carb installed and cover cut for H/L screws. I cannot see a way to cut the cover to get to the idle screw. Any ideas?

Got the 215 carb installed and cover cut for H/L screws. I cannot see a way to cut the cover to get to the idle screw. Any ideas?

Would it be ok to tune with cover off? Or would the mixture change when you put it back on?

Heya, my ms180 is revving to high and has the non adjustable carb. Does anyone have any experience with the adjustable carb from feebay? Costs less than $20 delivered, don't want to invest much into the saw. Not looking for any power upgrade either, just want to prevent the saw from burning up. Will it work or is it another fine product of china that doesn't really function properly? :)

Its not that i don't want it, i just don't want to spend any coin on it. I'm using the 180 to cut stuff thats in the 5" range and its usually less than that. It has more than enough power to do that.

If i need to cut real wood i grab a real saw. :)

I use my 180 to cut through anything the chain will go through! Adjustable carb and opening up the exhaust only cost about $20. Just as real of a saw as my 034 or 362 and my arms aren't dead after using it for an hour

As it turns out I like the 018C and the tool-less adjuster. The saw has been on the ground for a year and up a tree one day. It has run well in stock form. The carb had something jammed up like black snot behind the fixed H jet. After the problem was found the carb has been trouble free since. I did a muff mod on it some months back. Boy, did it wake that saw up. Pulls the 16 with 3/8 lo pro well. Like to find a jug for porting and swap them out just to see if it gains more.

Latest posts

Back