MS180 Adjustable Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are drilling out the cover to have access to the screws.

Mine was just ordered so will not be in for a while, but I will drill out the cover as well.

Is there a grommet that I can use to make it look factory?

Are you guys have having to pull a brass plug and jb weld a hole on the cheap ebay carbs? Thanks in advance and great thanks to blsnelling for this thread.

No, the cheap E-bay carb I got ran the saw right out of the box once I installed it. That said, I took it back off and replaced it with the the OEM carb The fit of the air filter box wouldn't work. It probably will when I have more time to trim and custom fit, but for me, it wasn't a drop-in.

I am not sure, but if there is a grommet on other saws then one can probably be found off an old saw or maybe ordered new and installed.
I looked after I asked about the grommet. I don't think a grommet would work real good because of the way the case is snapped.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

dswensen...... thanks for the heads up. I just ordered mine and it comes with the new fuel line, fuel filter, oil line, oil filter, spark plug, air filter, and carb. $18 shipped. Too good of a deal to pass up...... hopefully it works out.

Forgive me I didn't want to read this entire thread, but I've had good luck with a Tillotson HU-133A. That's a dual adjustment carburetor that will fit right on the 017/018/MS 170/MS 180. Sorry if someone already said this, but man this thread is a monster.

Gday Gents
Greeat threws thanks for posting it
Ive a 180 I have been running on 25 to 1 and this seems to be a tad oily , looking at the exhaust looks pto be fairly dirty but not horrible by any means, I wondered Bred and other just what mixter you fellers use and what preferences as to brand of oil and fuel octane, I uceing Castrol two stroke oil and 200 mills to 4 ltres of 98 octane fuel what do you think of this , no smoke to speak of saws run nice but the 180 although quite new with about 2 dozen tanks of fuel through it seems a lil dirty around the exhaust
thank you yeah

Gday Gents
Greeat threws thanks for posting it
Ive a 180 I have been running on 25 to 1 and this seems to be a tad oily , looking at the exhaust looks pto be fairly dirty but not horrible by any means, I wondered Bred and other just what mixter you fellers use and what preferences as to brand of oil and fuel octane, I uceing Castrol two stroke oil and 200 mills to 4 ltres of 98 octane fuel what do you think of this , no smoke to speak of saws run nice but the 180 although quite new with about 2 dozen tanks of fuel through it seems a lil dirty around the exhaust
thank you yeah
I would lighten up to 40: 1 or 45:1 using synthetic Factory recommendation is 50:1

Gday cobba

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31072077478...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1763wt_943

these are a aftermarket copy of the walbro wt carb used on 021 025 I am sure
they are from china, but I just fitted one to an ms170 just takes some modification.
like using the snout top of the other carb and drilling access holes through the white plastic near handle. I just finished the saw last week and it runs excellent. way better than the single adjust carb.

I got a wt215 new carb for my 017

disassembled the saw got old carb off

got the brass plug out of new carb jb welding up the other hole the carb box intake has 2 holes for the hi carb screw already

I used a old 064 grommet as a guide with a dowel in the lo hole and drilled a new hi hole in plastic on white plastic so you can get to hi screw on carb

drilled some bigger holes in muffler and opened up front screen

Well after the JB weld harden after 1 day I reassembled the saw put gas in it fired it up had to open both screws 1/4 turn richer and she idles and rev deceit

tues finish tuning it but a lot peper than the stock carb and sounds better with the extra holes drilled in the muffler and opened up the louvers a bit

is this what everyone else got when they did there upgrade ?

Mike

Yupp!:rock:

Well not so fast. I put my Hutzl carb on an 017 and it seemed fine in the shop but bogs in wood at full throttle. Does that mean I'm too rich or too lean?

Also I can't seem to get the the idle adj screw through the hole that I made.

Thanks for feed back

Im finally getting around to doing the swap on my MS170. Question. Im a little confused here. Do you swap the intellicarb top cap on the carbs or not? My original carb has the Intel top, WT does not. Seems some have swapped them and some havent if I read right. Does the brass plug need to be pulled out regardless if so? Other than that Im good to go on it. Its raining here need something to do in the shop today....lol

Yupp!:rock:

Well not so fast. I put my Hutzl carb on an 017 and it seemed fine in the shop but bogs in wood at full throttle. Does that mean I'm too rich or too lean?

Also I can't seem to get the the idle adj screw through the hole that I made.

Thanks for feed back
Anyway I got it sorted and have now sold it off for a small profit. I didn't use the intellitop on my Chinese carb and I didn't plug the hole in the airbox as it appears all ait still goes through the filter. Chinese carb worked very well nicely made and for $10.00 can't be beat.

Back