MS180 vs Rear Handle MS200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeave96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Lot's of $$'s more for the MS200T rear handle than the MS180. Is it really that much better?

Thanks!
Bill

Have not used the rear handel but have used the top handel version so if rear is the same as the top you wont be disipointed and my rec would be the Ms 200 :givebeer:

You have got to be kidding? Really!!!
These two saws are not even in the same class!! It's like comparing a Wildthing to a 460!!

Yeah, it's worth the money!:monkey:

Dag Nabbit!! Everytime I get cooled off on wanting one, y'all go get'n me lathered up again. That's it! I'm going to the dealer Monday!!

Just talked to a guy thats got 50 or so red oak tops the loggers left behind he wants rid of. That should be just the ticket!!

If you need power and speed in a little nimble fun to run package the answer is a LOUD FORCEFUL YES. If not, get what you can justify. If weight and size are not the most important issue then there are many saws in the MS200 price range that are excellent choices, most of which are much better than a MS180.

The 180 is a fine saw in it's own right!! And for the money of the 200 you could get a 361, which opens up a LOT more options. Or you could get a 180 and a 290 and probably be happy the rest of you're life!!

Buy what you want/NEED, I don't care, but to compare those two saws isn't fair!!

You don't want a TH saw if it's on the ground if about waist height or above they seem alright you use them in close not straining arms stretching out off balance, a 180 I've never seen, but is it longer stroke motor compared to a 200, probably is coz a 200's short stroke hi rev, with a 10" diameter branch which doesn't sound much, hanging above your head a bit different, you damn well want the screaming 200 then, the 180's almost certain a more relaxed engine, chugging along on firewood stuff, branches and the like, another one 's the 021 or 210 they call them now, they're light flickable, super-economical and punchy power if clued up on bar size

The 180 is a fine saw in it's own right!! And for the money of the 200 you could get a 361, which opens up a LOT more options. Or you could get a 180 and a 290 and probably be happy the rest of you're life!!

Buy what you want/NEED, I don't care, but to compare those two saws isn't fair!!

My dad always told me that as a general rule people don't buy what they "need", they buy what they "want".

I have been kicking the decision around and bought a MS180C yesterday. Already having a couple of 5100S helped the decision. I get to work the little 180 tomorrow and can't wait! Not a pro here so that also affected decision. Came iwth the toolless chain adjust & non adjustable carb.... we will see what things get changed as the warranty expires.

2Door

Back