MS200T for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Ax-man
Some people just have to find out the hard way and judge for themselves. I'd be willing to bet NY is going to be looking for another 20 soon. Who knows maybe he will get lucky and get one of those one in a million saws that don't cause problems.

Considering that his MS200 was bought and paid for. A move to a 338 doesn't make any sence in my opinion!:confused:

come on Rich, I'm young, and not very frugal with my finances. Plus I got almost all I spent back and didn't have to lay out very much for the 338. What a fantastic little saw the 338 is. I'll tell you..it feels much better in my hand when cutting one handed. JMO. I know it seems dumb to do what I did. The truth of the matter is, that climbing saws are strictly personal preferance, and until you've tried each one in a tree you can not make an informed decision. I bought the 200T never having actually used one. I bought it strictly on others recommendations and feelings. The 338 just feels more comfortable to me and that should be all that matters right??

toNY

Feeling ever so dumb.....:(

Originally posted by NYSawBoss
come on Rich, I'm young, and not very frugal with my finances. Plus I got almost all I spent back and didn't have to lay out very much for the 338. What a fantastic little saw the 338 is. I'll tell you..it feels much better in my hand when cutting one handed. JMO. I know it seems dumb to do what I did. The truth of the matter is, that climbing saws are strictly personal preferance, and until you've tried each one in a tree you can not make an informed decision. I bought the 200T never having actually used one. I bought it strictly on others recommendations and feelings. The 338 just feels more comfortable to me and that should be all that matters right??

toNY

Feeling ever so dumb.....:(

Tony, this is not a dig on you just an observation. I have climbed with both of these saws and both appeal to me in the handling dept.

What I was originally trying to state is that the 338 has a terrible track record for anything related to reliability and dependability. The 338's seem to be fine initially but it seems after time they begin to show their true colors. I hope al is well with your 338!;)

Come on guys, lay off Tony. If he did not decide to sell the saw I would not be getting another MS200T to add to the two 020Ts and 1 MS200T I already have making a total of 4.:D I would still buy another one. I like to keep a couple spares on the shelf in case one goes down, I have an immediate replacement. I always carry two in the truck.

Enjoy your 338XPT Tony. I'm sure I'll enjoy my MS200T and thanks for a great deal.

Back