Ms200t muffler and carb advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was thinking about modding the muffler on my ms200t but the only info i could find was all about the older style ones with the spark arrestors.Is there any info about on modding the newer ones or cant these be done?

Carb's, looks like there have been loads of different versions over the years whats the best one thats currently available from the dealers?

Cheers.

I just had a chance to run a brand new one about a month ago. It acted pretty lean at high speeds. I took a peek at the carb, and it appeared they took some additional efforts to make sure it isn't tampered with.

We decided to leave it alone, at least till the warrantee period is over. If it doesn't melt the piston, I'll get an opportunity to tune it up at some point.

Many newer saws have mufflers that are also not easily tampered with. They may contain some materials to improve emissions, and it is not advisable to start cutting them up without specific guidance.....Cliff

The muffer on the 200T is difficult to modify. Take out the spark arrester -that makes "another port". Retune the top end (the limiter cap just pulls off).

There is nothing wrong with the LATEST (1 year over here) Zama C1Q61 D or E Carb. The A, B, and C version had accelerator pump issues... An OLD Walbro 2 screw carb from the 020T will work on the MS200, but are hard to find. They don't work any better (perfomance) though...

Thanks for the info i'll look into getting one of the D or E carbs. I might have an old walbro knocking about actually, have to hunt it out :)

There is no spark arrester in the exhuasts that are supplied to the UK, the exhuast is totally different than the ones ive seen posted on here thats why im not sure about porting it.
Maybe I should just have a dapple and see what happens:greenchainsaw:

Scouse, the 200's we get down this side of the world, they all have 'snap off' heads on their outer muffler bolts coz they're loctited solid. You've got to heat them up damn near red hot to remove them. There's no way they'll undo without shearing off and leaving you with a broken flush bolt otherwise. Needless to say a pita for joe average if he's stuck out in the bush for a week. The screen comes off without dramas though, remove the screen and it's plenty enough of a mod for the howling 200. Trouble being every 200 I've seen always carbons it's inside muffler sooner or later, the saw insidiously choking and getting sluggish in turn creating all sorts of other running problems. Leaves no option but to remove the muffler bolts to get inside and clean it out. Luckily once you've done the heat and remove trick on the bolts the first time, they'll then come out easily without heating next time

Latest posts

Back