Ms201tcm carb kits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortfuze82

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
well Stihl seems to have done it again , finding yet another way to screw us! Went to order a simple carb kit Gnd-107 zama for a 201 with m tronic and was told it’s no longer available, you can buy the metering gasket but no metering diaphragm? Wtf !!! The fuel pump side is universal run of the mill zama common stuff. But the metering side components are specific to that carb to allow the intele carb function properly I messed around with zama kits I had laying around but the nipple on the metering diaphragm is noticeably longer thus causing a rich running condition , unless the metering leaver is adjusted accordingly which is a guessing game! Had the carb out to replace the solenoid valve this saw has over 400 hrs and diaphragms are looking a bit flexed if you catch my drift. Yet Stihl has found a way to $&@$ is once again! Buy a new carb instead if freshening up, unreal! eBay has them listed for ten something bucks then you look an see the 16 dollar shipping charge beings they are coming out of the uk. This is getting ridiculous. Anyone come across this problem yet and most importantly of all , found a solution??

Repair kit RB-247 should be the right one for the C1Q-S274 carburetor.

Went thru the zama book there is no rb -247 listed. What I’m coming up with is a rb- 185 which says must be purchased at a local Stihl dealer them rotten bastards! Anybody know a way around these 24 dollar kits from Stihl that are apparently NLA???

The RB-185 repair kit is for the non m-tronic version. For example used on an C1Q-S214 carburetor (MS 201T, 201 T-Z). See what the description is on your carburetor. As I`ve already said, I bet it`s a C1Q-S274.

Back