MS211 Fuel Issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 168049

Hi, I've got a stihl MS21, hasn't started from the day I've owned it. Tried pulling it and an ungodly amount of fuel has pi***d everywhere, the exhaust is full, it's coming out of the carb and dripping down the handle. Something catastrophic is wrong, but what?

Hi, I've got a stihl MS21, hasn't started from the day I've owned it. Tried pulling it and an ungodly amount of fuel has pi***d everywhere, the exhaust is full, it's coming out of the carb and dripping down the handle. Something catastrophic is wrong, but what?
Carb is flooding. Take it apart and take a peek.

Carb is flooding. Take it apart and take a peek.
I assumed the carb was the reason it wasnt started when I acquired it. Think it would be better to just replace it altogether?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I assumed the carb was the reason it wasnt started when I acquired it. Think it would be better to just replace it altogether?

Possibly. There are likely a lot of aftermarkets out there, You just need to watch and make sure you get the correct version. With or without a primer bulb. The ms171, 181, 211 are pretty much the same saw.

Possibly. There are likely a lot of aftermarkets out there, You just need to watch and make sure you get the correct version. With or without a primer bulb. The ms171, 181, 211 are pretty much the same saw.
I have a Chinese replacement but it just doesnt feel anywhere near as good quality, which is why I'm trying to persevere with this original. Ah well, I'll keep trying

Here is our price from the Stihl dealer:

1139 120 0601 Carburetor C1Q-S191 $37.62

1139 120 0602 Carburetor C1Q-S120 $37.62
Thanks, I'm in UK but even still that's much cheaper than the $75 I've been seeing. Having so many issues with this saw now I might have to let it go [emoji3061]

Attention, there were many changes on that saw. The carb you can use depend on the revision version. It would be good to know the serial number of the saw, year of manufacture and exact model description.

Attention, there were many changes on that saw. The carb you can use depend on the revision version. It would be good to know the serial number of the saw, year of manufacture and exact model description.
Where would I find that? I bought it not working for like £30, doesnt have paperwork etc

Good news, got it running. I replaced some parts in the carb incorrectly, got it to stop pissing out fuel at least, that's one issue sorted.

Back