MS241 MS250 024 shootout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, that's why I still use my Stihl 026 PRO. If you can find one in good shape, it's still a best buy in my book. Mine keeps going and going and going...

A little slow on the throttle compared to newer ones though from what I've heard.

I’ve owned a 250 and it doesn’t hold a candle to the o24/241. Totally different feel. The 026/261 is a great saw to but 1lb heavier makes a big difference after 4 hour straight. And for 1 more lb you can bump to the 362 which dwarves them both

Ok who won the shootout? The ms250 Looks like a winner in the cutting videos. The slow, the slower, the slowest.

I have a new respect for the ms250, I used one today with an extensive muffler mod and Stihl 23RS pro chain, and it totally transformed the saw. The saw has no issue with me sinking a full 16 inches of bar in hardwood. It's light and starts by the third pull every time as well. It's going to see a lot more use this summer, most of the other saws will stay home. The only downside is that they are quite the PITA to work on.

Slow on acceleration? Maybe too rich on the adjustments? I’d readjust the low speed and see how she runs. Then if your not happy port it. Or get one of the porting guys here to do it?

Back