• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS241CM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:-)

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
For Sale: Stihl MS241CM
$375 via Paypal - "regular sale" / not friends and family / I am paying the fees.
PLUS $50 shipping, as long as I can get it to you for less than $65 from the Midwest U.S. of A. If not, then shipping will be more than $50 & we can talk.
Includes: 16" bar with green Stihl chain AND (1) Stihl yellow picco super chain, (1) more Stihl Green picco micro chain, and (1) Oregon chain. This means (1) bar and (4) chains total.

I'm working on uploading a video of the piston & one cold start up with cutting...
IMG_5381.JPGIMG_5392.JPGIMG_5395.JPGIMG_5429.JPGIMG_5432.JPGIMG_5434.JPGIMG_5435.JPGIMG_5440.JPGIMG_5443.JPG
Keywords: MS241 ms241 MS 241 ms 241 MS241C ms241c

I have sold about three or four brand new ones in the last year to guys who could not get them in their area. I liken them to the husky 346 XP. I think of them as a small saw that behaves like a much bigger one. Lately, I have not been trusting compression testers. I've tested some old saws I pick up in various places that seem to push huge numbers on the gauge, but when I take the saw apart, the piston is scored to heck and the rings are stuck! Conversely, I have saws that seem to not get past 100, but internally look pristine.

I have sold about three or four brand new ones in the last year to guys who could not get them in their area. I liken them to the husky 346 XP. I think of them as a small saw that behaves like a much bigger one. Lately, I have not been trusting compression testers. I've tested some old saws I pick up in various places that seem to push huge numbers on the gauge, but when I take the saw apart, the piston is scored to heck and the rings are stuck! Conversely, I have saws that seem to not get past 100, but internally look pristine.
I went through the whole compression tester problem and it has to do with adapters and Scrader valves being incorrect.
You can cross check the gauge with a couple other new saws and if they are all low you can bet its way off.

I liken them to the husky 346 XP. I think of them as a small saw that behaves like a much bigger one.
Fake news, you must be a stihl guy lol.
Put an 18 on one and see how it compares ;).
They are great saws though, I like to keep one around, even though I'm more of a husky guy :p.

I went through the whole compression tester problem and it has to do with adapters and Scrader valves being incorrect.
You can cross check the gauge with a couple other new saws and if they are all low you can bet its way off.
Thanks for the help. I tried another adapter (same thread diameter, but different length - into the yet another adapter to convert to the small plug size hole) and it managed 118 to 120 psi...and then bled off by itself through near the compression gage, so no picture there. I'm not sure if its the 16 adapters needed or a schrader valve or what. If this is a deciding factor for anyone interested in buying the saw, please let me know. I could see if I can change schrader valves, borrow a different tester, or come up with another plan. But, if it's not a deciding factor, I won't spend the time. I don't have the skill set for rebuilding anything, so I just bought my rummage sale compression tester for "go or no go" compression reading needs. It has served me well for that, but I also suppose that I got what I paid for.

Thanks for the help. I tried another adapter (same thread diameter, but different length - into the yet another adapter to convert to the small plug size hole) and it managed 118 to 120 psi...and then bled off by itself through near the compression gage, so no picture there. I'm not sure if its the 16 adapters needed or a schrader valve or what. If this is a deciding factor for anyone interested in buying the saw, please let me know. I could see if I can change schrader valves, borrow a different tester, or come up with another plan. But, if it's not a deciding factor, I won't spend the time. I don't have the skill set for rebuilding anything, so I just bought my rummage sale compression tester for "go or no go" compression reading needs. It has served me well for that, but I also suppose that I got what I paid for.
It is a deciding factor , if you have another saw in new condition and get the same reading then you can tell if its higher than the gauge says. I have a snap on gauge with the small adapter and it works fine . that saw should be around 160 PSI.

Back