MS250 dumb question - need to remove handle to take carb off ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the top black cover part on the rear handle, flip saw over and there is a screw at the very tail end of the rear handle, remove it and the top portion of the rear handle lifts up and back for removal.

Thanks !!! Don't know why I didn't think of that, maybe too stressed about all the troubles I have had with the 250 and wanting to strangle whoever designed the air filter.

You should go to YouTube videos and watch Donyboy73 take that MS250 apart. Pretty simple design once you see it done.

It would save you some trouble & questions.

Thanks, guys ........should be some hope for me now.
It seems I was given some mis-information from the dealer about the chain, and I spent money for a chain I didn't need to buy when I had .325 chains in the shed that would have fit fine.
I am NEVER going back to that dealer again, but there are other reasons for that too.
And if I hang out here on the computer while it's still daylight, I won't be ready to cut wood in the morning, so back to the shed.

I'm seriously beginning to think that saw should never have gotten past the thought/design stage ...........
Plus it uses a special chain, they couldn't use a normal chain ??
It's not .050 guage, but that doesn't make the chain "special".
When I was on a tour at the Stihl Va plant, the MS250 is what they were running. The line ended with shrink wrapped pallets loading on a semi for departure. They started them, and tested emissions.
I hate working on them, even though I've probably rebuilt 40 or 50 of them, however they are one of my favorite saws to cut with.

Latest posts

Back