MS261 C-M VS 550 XP Mk II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, I had a suspicion that this would draw out the two camps.

In the end, I decided to go with the saw they had, the MS 261 CM. Local shop said that they have more of the Stihl's on order but they also are becoming hard to get even with a distribution center in Edmonton. While, the Stihl was slightly more, the two extra chains pretty much negated the price difference. While the starting procedure will be slightly different from the others I do like the one switch in contrast to my Uncle's and Father's Huskies.
I do think that had the Husky been available I wouldn't have looked back but what with supply chain disruptions and all I'm taking what I can get while I can.

Thanks again everyone who contributed.

Thanks everyone, I had a suspicion that this would draw out the two camps.

In the end, I decided to go with the saw they had, the MS 261 CM. Local shop said that they have more of the Stihl's on order but they also are becoming hard to get even with a distribution center in Edmonton. While, the Stihl was slightly more, the two extra chains pretty much negated the price difference. While the starting procedure will be slightly different from the others I do like the one switch in contrast to my Uncle's and Father's Huskies.
I do think that had the Husky been available I wouldn't have looked back but what with supply chain disruptions and all I'm taking what I can get while I can.

Thanks again everyone who contributed.

Good choice.

I'm sitting here chuckling that the weight of a 50cc chainsaw is even something to discuss...lol.

That saw will serve you well for quite some time if you look after it.

Good choice.

I'm sitting here chuckling that the weight of a 50cc chainsaw is even something to discuss...lol.

That saw will serve you well for quite some time if you look after it.

I know! There is no real-world weight difference between my cs2152 and my 590's and my 5105. Weight, no. Handling, yes.

PS, my Dolly 420 is noticebly lighter-in-hand than my 50cc saws, while apparently being a heavy 40cc, which it's not really.

I agree, good choice because it was available. Potato, potaato
No sense waiting for something that is the same, only different.

you're gonna be thrilled with that saw OP! Throttle response, power, handling all in a tidy little package. It's a beautiful saw, and so is the Husky. Of course.

do you still have to engage the high idle with the trigger on those stihls? I forget.

the best on-off-choke-restart switch is by far the Dolmar, imo. Other than that, I'd rather have the old fashioned kill button and separate choke.

Latest posts

Back