MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the way I used to do them Durand.......they ended up blowing the screen out though.

Just an idea. Could you cut a slot in the deflector and use a screen off of say a 372 slide through the slot bend the screen on the deflector and screw both ends down?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just an idea. Could you cut a slot in the deflector and use a screen off of say a 372 slide through the slot bend the screen on the deflector and screw both ends down?

That's what I figured I would do if this don't pan out, but I think mine will be fine......but I've said that before and was wrong lol.

8a5are7y.jpg

Is the size of the stock spark screen in these the limiting factor in just opening the original hole?

Is the size of the stock spark screen in these the limiting factor in just opening the original hole?

I'm just a dumb hillbilly, but in my opinion both! If you open up just the outlet, the screen will be limiting. If you remove the screen all together, the outlet will be limiting. Plus, they have a pipe inside the can that's limiting too IMO. I think Randy has the ticket with his deflector and rivet nuts....he bypasses all that crap with that!

I use an extra thick screen that one of our fine members here turned me onto. It takes up the space that the rivet nuts make between the can and the deflector.

If'n you need any of that stuff Durand.......just let me know.

Since we are talking about Rivet nuts I gave these a try a while back and really like the turn out. They are low profile (8x32 threads) so the deflectors fit nice and snug to the muffler. Then I use a regular 8x32x3/8 pan head screw that takes a #2 phillips screw driver.

Im sure these are very similar to what Randy uses to make those 261 muffler mods so nice.

I got my last rivet nuts from fastenal because there is one here local. I know there prices are high and Mcmaster Carr is probably cheaper but here is a link.
https://www.fastenal.com/web/produc...pcode=&filterByStore=&filterByVendingMachine=

Pictures in a minute

Do they capture as you tighten the bolt or do you need to use a tool?

That is the only down side to Rivet nuts... you do need a tool.
Dont buy the HF tool, it will only last about 2 mufflers, I found out the hard way. (That is my first and last tool I will buy there)
I think the better kit I bought was around $70-80, well worth it IMO.

I got a kit from McMasterCarr.

I'd like to have some of the low profile ones....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back