MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They work slick Randy! All the saws I have used Rivet nuts on are out right now or I would snap a few shots. They sure turn out nice though!
I have had zero issues doing muffle mods this way.

I got a kit from McMasterCarr.

I'd like to have some of the low profile ones....
Pretty thin flange on the LP style, but for this application should be fine. Most of the meat of the fastener is hidden back inside the can. For something like a mirror on a sheet metal truck door the heavier, thicker flange keeps it from punching through the other way. (inward). Smallest one I have used are 1/4" They sure are the cat's meow.

How many ms261s you figure you've done now, Randy?
At least two...

I had an oe that my friend is now in a relationship with, I now have a ne mm261cxb. The first one was seriously impressive, the new one blew the old one away even before it was broken in.

In aussie gum the oe preferred .325 but cut well with 3/8

The ne cuts like a motherhumper

I still want to see one of Randy's 441s on the dyno. Unreal from stock to ported.

Hell I want to see a lot of things on the Dyno. Wish I had one to play with.

There's Steven's 362rcm in the trading post, reckon that needs porting... :)

The factory outlet is very restrictive on these......

Mainly because the screen is tiny.

When the screen isn't important to the end user, this is what I do.

I just did mine using a long taper 1/2" uni-bit. FYI for something quick when a screen's not required.
muff1_zpsa59acbba.jpg

Thomas,
I read 23 pages of this last night.... good stuff. noteworthy post # 479 and 532.

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back