• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ms261c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ketchup

Urban Forestry Slogger
Reaction score
This saw will make you money. We have several and use them almost everyday. This is the saw for basic ground work and in-tree cuts around 20 inches. My boss bought this saw in the fall of 2016. It's been used some (40 tanks?) but we prefer our 261 c-q. It starts and runs just like it should. It's a work saw, so it's a little scuffed up. It comes with a new 18" bar and the manual if you want it. I had a hard time getting good cylinder pics, but it's pristine. Currently it is completely stock. I'm happy to do a timing advance and Muffler mod for $40 more. PM me with questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0272.JPG
    IMG_0272.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 63
Took this Saw up Friday. It rips, but we have 5. Somebody should put this to work!

Attachments

• IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
The C-q has a second chain brake that is part of the trigger assembly. It's stihl's response to the Husky Trio brake and it's a lot better. If the saw is thrown the brake engages automatically so it's safer for cuts that like to take the saw with them and also in steep brush. For unknown reasons, that particular saw is just meaner and more powerful. All our work saws are stock but that one is a little faster. Maybe more run time and better ring seal?

Mostly we like the added safety feature though. Modern technology is making us soft.

Just for clarity, the saw that's up for sale DOES NOT have a secondary chain brake. If it did, it would cost quite a bit more. The Q feature is special order and costs more than $100 extra.

Back