MS290 piston and cylinder same as 029?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I just picked up a couple saws 029 Super and 029 parts saw earlier, the Super needs a fuel line but looks great otherwise. But the 029 has scoring on the piston. I have a piston and cylinder from the MS290 I converted to an MS390. My question is, will the piston and cylinder from the 290 fit the 029? Or if the cylinder can be salvaged, will the piston work in the 029 cylinder?

The piston I have measured 46mm.20200210_193029.jpg

So can the MS290 cylinder and piston be used on an 029?
Yes, just pull the 029 out of the plastic case and stick the MS290 back in..... You will need to reseal the ms290 motor case at the crank ....You have to remove the back bar stud, flywheel and everything on the right side of the saw. The last one I did took me 35 minutes to tear down and maybe an hour to reassemble.

Yes, just pull the 029 out of the plastic case and stick the MS290 back in..... You will need to reseal the ms290 motor case at the crank ....You have to remove the back bar stud, flywheel and everything on the right side of the saw. The last one I did took me 35 minutes to tear down and maybe an hour to reassemble.
Thanks. I have pulled one of these apart before, I just wasnt sure if the parts could interchange. The last one I did the stud was stuck so I had to build the saw with the lower half attached. It was a pain, but I got it sealed and running great.

If you want a power upgrade, you can put a ms390 cylinder and piston in it as well.
Or get a whole 390 engine and drop it right in and retune.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back