MS311

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danyoull

Reaction score
Just recently I decided to stroll through the local pawn shop. In the midst of all the other crap I found this Sthil MS311. It looked damn near brand new and when i saw the price tag at $150 i knew it had to be something wrong with it. Well after looking it over again and again, even fired it up right in the shop. It seemed to be in exceptional working condition so i bought it. Got it home and couldn't have been more pleased. That being said, what is everyones opinions on the this model saw. Are there any down sides to them, problems or good mods that can be done.IMG_0045.JPG IMG_0044.JPG IMG_0042.JPG IMG_0041.JPG IMG_0040.JPG IMG_0039.JPG IMG_0038.JPG IMG_0037.JPG

I don’t think you can go wrong if it runs. Stihl makes a good product. It’s not a pro grade saw, but it should give you years of service if you don’t cut every day

I’ve got a MS310 that I’ve had going on 10 years now and it has cut a lot of firewood and trees I’ve done as side jobs. I’ve ran it hard and haven’t had any major problems with it. It’s ran a 20 inch bar most of its life and pulls it fine. It’s not the fastest saw or the most popular but they run fine. I’d have bought that 311 for the price you paid all day. Nice saw you’ll have to give us some updates after you’ve ran it some.

Latest posts

Back