• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Ms361 porting

Ashland23

Ashland23

Hey everyone! First time chiming in here. I love the forums by the way! So I’m planning on doing a port job on my ms361. Just wondering if anyone has some good numbers to start with or any ideas to go off? Not planning on anything super crazy. Maybe just a good woods port or just a tad more than that. First time porting a chainsaw. But have done a few sleds and bikes. Thanks!
Matt

Ax-man

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just did one recently . 361 is a high revving saw . The numbers are pretty good for a stock saw . My numbers were pretty close before porting to what most builders try to get . You can mess with them a little but not much . Widening the exhaust port and lowering the floor but not raising the top of the port will get some gains. I did a little widening on the intake port but not much because the intake boot and the bore of the carb limit what you can do to an intake port. A serious muffler mod will probably yield the most gains but that means opening up the muffler and gutting it and adding a second exhaust port. If you drop the floor and widen the exhaust port your going to have to modify the muffler anyway along with removing the limiters on a stock carb.

A base gasket delete is up to the guy doing who wants to hop up his saw and how much compression he wants . I personally didn't do a full delete but chose a middle of the line approach and used the thinnest gasket material I could find.

We have a modded work saw section downstairs in the hot saw section . Some of the answers to your questions can be found there. The guys who know their stuff are also there and are very helpful.