Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashland23

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First time chiming in here. I love the forums by the way! So I’m planning on doing a port job on my ms361. Just wondering if anyone has some good numbers to start with or any ideas to go off? Not planning on anything super crazy. Maybe just a good woods port or just a tad more than that. First time porting a chainsaw. But have done a few sleds and bikes. Thanks!
Matt

I just did one recently . 361 is a high revving saw . The numbers are pretty good for a stock saw . My numbers were pretty close before porting to what most builders try to get . You can mess with them a little but not much . Widening the exhaust port and lowering the floor but not raising the top of the port will get some gains. I did a little widening on the intake port but not much because the intake boot and the bore of the carb limit what you can do to an intake port. A serious muffler mod will probably yield the most gains but that means opening up the muffler and gutting it and adding a second exhaust port. If you drop the floor and widen the exhaust port your going to have to modify the muffler anyway along with removing the limiters on a stock carb.

A base gasket delete is up to the guy doing who wants to hop up his saw and how much compression he wants . I personally didn't do a full delete but chose a middle of the line approach and used the thinnest gasket material I could find.

We have a modded work saw section downstairs in the hot saw section . Some of the answers to your questions can be found there. The guys who know their stuff are also there and are very helpful.

Latest posts

Back