• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a rough runner. I got Farmertech handle. Came with all brake parts including cover $21. View attachment 497581View attachment 497582

LoveStihlQuality

Holy shih tzu... is that a stage saw from the movie Road Warrior? Do you have templates for the Chinese to copy those fixes? They would be big sellers I am sure. I bet all the added weight absorbs more vibration and gives the saw better balance as well.

Is there a thread on that saw? I want to see *all* the cool mods! That thing is unreal.

Tough crowd!! The farmer that accidentally used as a parking block 'fixed' and ran. Also had a muffler mod !View attachment 497678

LoveStihlQuality

Oooooooh! Custom smothered brazing! Sell those muffler mods on Ebay! Either as a muffler mod, or as American collector folk art!

That is one truly amazing saw. Worth the money, for sure. Do you have a close up of that top cover fix? Or is that the new custom brake lever stop? Hard to tell from that angle.

I think my old 021 "Saw From Hell" that I posted here many years ago (and deleted by Trimmmed in a flame war) is finally put to shame. That there is a trophy. I think I will add these photos to my old "361 options and mods" thread.

Brake lever and muffler were most ingenious fixes. Piston looks nice and good compression. He had in CL for $175. Paid less!

LoveStihlQuality
Clean it up, get everything right, set it on the washer and dryer, take some pictures, and put it on craigslist.
I think that's how it's done in indy;).

I got the saw in the mail today. It is as advertised. A no BS sale, fast shipping, good seller (I can highly recommend him). The saw is bone stock and all OEM. I am happy with it as European 361s are hard to get here. This is the only German made 361 that I have ever seen or run, actually. After removing the limiter tabs and re-tuning it with my E0 super and 42:1 oil, it has a faster response than my stock American 361 and maybe a smidge more power. I used plastic weld on the brake lever on a whim, and it actually worked! So I have a hillbilly epoxied brake on my saw now.

Clean it up, get everything right, set it on the washer and dryer, take some pictures, and put it on craigslist.
Wow! Tony's reputation precedes him. All his pawn shop stuff, like new, used little, used on one tree.... and asking crazy money!

LoveStihlQuality

That is how it is done here too. I have done that myself, and I even sold the dryer that I used to set things on here to take photos of and sell on CL.

That is how it is done here too. I have done that myself, and I even sold the dryer that I used to set things on here to take photos of and sell on CL.
That's awesome.
I do the same thing.
I haven't sold the dryer yet though lol. I did however buy it for $75 a 1/2 mile away from where I sold a Generator :numberone:.
I'd sell the dryer though if anyone asked, it's like my signature says "Lots of stuff made of metal and plastic", I'm not to attached so a good offer and it's down the road.

Well, my washer crapped out on me after I moved out here to the boonies in the Cascades. So I scrapped it. I was just looking for a washer to replace it but I got a commercial washer-dryer set from a couple off of CL that could not fix the door magnet that kept tripping the dryer off. It took all of a piece of thick double mounting tape to fix it. I think I paid like $75 for the pair? Amana commercial stainless super capacity. They run great. So then I had the dryer that my nephew wanted sitting in the garage, but he never came to pick it up. It made for a great photo platform to sell down my saw collection on CL here, and a lot of other stuff. Then after a year I sold the dryer to a fellow down the road to re-coop my $75 investment. Now I take photos of stuff to sell on CL on the garage floor. It is just not the same though. And the laundry room here is just too cramped to take photos in. CL misery.

Back