• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ms361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consider trading for a super low hour 562xp? Comes with full and half wrap as well as 2 sets of felling dogs. Great saw I just wish it was a 361 lol
No thanx brother. Your offer is fair but I'm a stihl guy to be honest and honestly need the coin. I gotta get my truck painted and do a fence too. Wife was just ******** about my cad tonight honestly.

I'd dual port the muffler for a serious buyer. There a pain to uncrimp and take the birdcage out and re crimp before drilling hole on fw side then graze a deflector on it. Both my personal 361s are dual ported

Probably a stupid question; but why not just buy a muffler, then modify it? Sell it as a stand alone part? Aren't there a lot of stihl owners that would buy just the modified muffler?

Probably a stupid question; but why not just buy a muffler, then modify it? Sell it as a stand alone part? Aren't there a lot of stihl owners that would buy just the modified muffler?
I'm not putting more money into it. It's a great running low hours very clean saw. I just pulled limiter caps the other day the saw has never been touched from factory settings. Some folks want ported nufflers some dont. It is about a 3 To 4 hour job to modify that muffler. I'm not gonna give a ported and a non ported with the sale. Porters don't give a ported and a non ported muffler with a port job I will leave that decision to the buyer. Ported or non ported. If they want a second muffler they can buy it. Besides it would require a retune every time to go back and forth then if buyer don't tune it correctly and burn it up I don't want them screaming they got a bad saw. Thank you

I'm not putting more money into it. It's a great running low hours very clean saw. I just pulled limiter caps the other day the saw has never been touched from factory settings. Some folks want ported nufflers some dont. It is about a 3 To 4 hour job to modify that muffler. I'm not gonna give a ported and a non ported with the sale. Porters don't give a ported and a non ported muffler with a port job I will leave that decision to the buyer. Ported or non ported. If they want a second muffler they can buy it. Besides it would require a retune every time to go back and forth then if buyer don't tune it correctly and burn it up I don't want them screaming they got a bad saw. Thank you

I understand that, but it wasn't really my point. Let me put it a different way. If I wanted a top notch muffler job, but didn't have the tools, or the skill. Just seems that buying one already done would be the next logical step. Doesn't have to be that exact saw. From what I've seen, lots of saws have seen benefits from a muffler modification. I'm pretty happy with stock performance, and have zero experience with a muffler modification, so maybe it's a ridiculous idea. But it seems like a good way to generate extra income.

I understand that, but it wasn't really my point. Let me put it a different way. If I wanted a top notch muffler job, but didn't have the tools, or the skill. Just seems that buying one already done would be the next logical step. Doesn't have to be that exact saw. From what I've seen, lots of saws have seen benefits from a muffler modification. I'm pretty happy with stock performance, and have zero experience with a muffler modification, so maybe it's a ridiculous idea. But it seems like a good way to generate extra income.
There isn't a lot of money to be made in these saws to be honest for example muffler mod 6 bucks for a deflector 5 dollar stick of brazing rod 20 bucks for a used oem muffler 10 bucks in shipping cost 3 hours labor plus oxygen and aceteleyne there isn't any profit then to buy mufflers for multiple model saws to sit on them till they sell on top of that. It's a nice thought but my ported mufflers are more for myself and fellow friends

I will do a base delete set squish at 20 thousandth and muffler mod for the 500 shipped to lower 48 if buyer would like

Back