MS362c Shut off question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotAStihlNow

Reaction score
I just purchased a used Stihl MS362C with Mtronics (got a direct hit from H. Michael and still have much to do). This saw doesn't have the linkage to the Master Control Lever (cold start/Run/Stop lever). I am having trouble locating the part to order online. I see how I can replicate what the linkage does to choose cold start - and the saw starts and runs. I'm confused what the lever is supposed to do to shutdown the saw when raised to the stop position. It has a wire coming from the Master Control Lever, but raising it (without the linkage) while the saw is running does not shut down the saw. If anyone could tell me how to find the linkage online to order, and how it shuts down the saw, I would be very grateful! Thankyou.

Here's a couple pics of the control lever. I'm struggling to understand how it grounds out the coil

Attachments

• IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    493.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    468.5 KB · Views: 18
One, you're missing a large return spring that the green/yellow wire is hooked to, that green/yellow gets grounded at the coil. When pressed up, that large return spring contacts the small circular contact in the middle of the switch assembly(seen in your second picture) which is connected to the black wire that comes off the coil.

I'll take some pictures quick to explain what I'm talking about.

EDIT: After closer inspection, your control lever is different than mine...

One, you're missing a large return spring that the green/yellow wire is hooked to, that green/yellow gets grounded at the coil. When pressed up, that large return spring contacts the small circular contact in the middle of the switch assembly(seen in your second picture) which is connected to the black wire that comes off the coil.

I'll take some pictures quick to explain what I'm talking about.

EDIT: After closer inspection, your control lever is different than mine...

20190204_223938.jpg 20190204_223749.jpg 20190204_223828.jpg 20190204_223852.jpg

KEY:
RED ARROW: Yellow/Green wire between coil and Large spring
Empty Black Arrow: Black wire from coil to small round contact inside switch
Yellow Arrow: Large spring your style switch doesn't seem to have.

Looks like your yellow/green wire is grounded to the case, so I'm guessing you should be able to ground out the black wire to the case? Again, not sure how your coil is designed...but this is how I believe mine to work. I could bust out the multi-meter and make sure that's how it works...maybe tomorrow, it's getting late.

I understand now, thank you. the linkage that I don't have contacts the bolt with the yellow wire seen in my pictures, grounding out the coil when you push the switch forward. Makes sense now. Appreciate your help very much!

Latest posts

Back