MS440 leaking like, well, a Husky 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my finances are a bit touchy at present! It won't be hard to sell
though, now parting with it, well that will be up to you!

LOL, parting with it, its only a saw. Hell I've gave away better saws than that one, trust me. I could care less to be totally honest. If someone really wants it I'll let it go, if not its got a home. Grandkid will getem all one day so either way its no biggie. I am curious though, what would that saw bring, I paid 569.00 for it and 29.00 shipping so it cost me about 600.00. Oil pump is gonna cost me I guess around 40.00 so I'll have about 640.00 in it. Whats she worth Rope, 4 tanks of fuel at best and no marks anywhere on it other than the bar. Wait a minute, I had to buy that bar and chain too, dayumm ,LOLOL

You got that right Tom! I bought this saw off a logger. The saw had been used hard for a year and needed some TLC. I rebuilt it with help from my dealer and it has been a reliable saw for three years of cutting firewood. Some day I want to buy a shiny new saw, probably a 660 but I'm keeping the 440, its a good size for me.
Dok

Looking closely at that pic I think your oil cap is leaking,LOLOL Pssst, those new caps do that sometime, don't tell the Husky guys,LOLOL

Can't blame the cap for that, completely operator error overfilling the oil tank.
Maybe if you sign that 372 it'll bring more $$$ :hmm3grin2orange: but then, it is a Husky...
$600? They are $724 here with 28" B+C.
Dok

LOLOLOL, ya think. I'll put OWNED BY LAKESIDE on a plate and put it on there, then that baby will bring some bucks.

600.00 aint bad, I'd be losing about 125.00 since I had to buy the bar, chain and new oil pump. 125.00 loss isn't bad. I was thinking that saw would bring maybe 500.00, thanks for the heads up on the price...

Nope, no 028's here.

You've ran my 044 before though....... :laugh:

Whatttttttttttttttttttttt was that yours, dayummm you. Well for what its worth to you that saw would swollow that 372. That was one fast MOFO, nosiy as hell though but run, wowowowow. Did you do the work on that Stihl???

Oh I would break it in but I wouldn't be cuttin cookies. I have a smoke hangin out of my mouth too though lol

I'm with you man, cutting cookies is ok I guess but I'll take the woods anytime. You quit that smoking, its bad for you,grrrr.

LOLOLOL, ya think. I'll put OWNED BY LAKESIDE on a plate and put it on there, then that baby will bring some bucks.

600.00 aint bad, I'd be losing about 125.00 since I had to buy the bar, chain and new oil pump. 125.00 loss isn't bad. I was thinking that saw would bring maybe 500.00, thanks for the heads up on the price...

Was the oil pump not warranty item? I think you would get 600.00 on the
bay with no trouble maybe more! That is a pretty bar why don't ya mod it
and sell it as a race saw?

Damn Stang I got a mint 044. You got a mint STOCK 028 Super??? Even up if you do!!!!!

Tom? Is this mint enough?

attachment.php

Whatttttttttttttttttttttt was that yours, dayummm you. Well for what its worth to you that saw would swollow that 372. That was one fast MOFO, nosiy as hell though but run, wowowowow. Did you do the work on that Stihl???

Can't say that I did. I bought it because the guy wanted a useable saw.

It ended up being a small pin 044 and I can't put my 046 topend on it......

I haven't ran it yet, but think I will swap on a 046 carb to slow it down a little.

Was the oil pump not warranty item? I think you would get 600.00 on the
bay with no trouble maybe more! That is a pretty bar why don't ya mod it
and sell it as a race saw?

I don't worry about warranty. Pump is only a few bucks, hell I'd rather buy it instead of going through the process.

I have never bought anything off E-bay and wouldn't know how to put it on there. Selling it or keeping it is really no biggie to me. I'd rather sell it to one of the guys on here than on E-bay. Once the pump is fix it would be a good saw for someone. Right now I wouldn't sell it to anyone, not like it is, I may get shot,LOL

I need a clean 372 for my next project.....

Can't say that I did. I bought it because the guy wanted a useable saw.

It ended up being a small pin 044 and I can't put my 046 topend on it......

I haven't ran it yet, but think I will swap on a 046 carb to slow it down a little.

Are we talking bout the same saw, 2000's saw? He sent me that thing and it was rocking and rolling. I couldn't slow that SOB down no matter what. You could almost stand on it and it kept right on sawing. That saw was a mean mother....

Latest posts

Back