MS440 leaking like, well, a Husky 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW:jawdrop:

:clap:

Nice clean saw there.
Never seen an 028 that looked that good.....

ME NEITHER, you stop looking at it, its way too slow for you, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I had one a guy talked me out of. He gave me 300.00 for it and I miss that saw. It didn't look as good as that one though, man I'd give him that 372 for that baby in a heartbeat....

Are we talking bout the same saw, 2000's saw? He sent me that thing and it was rocking and rolling. I couldn't slow that SOB down no matter what. You could almost stand on it and it kept right on sawing. That saw was a mean mother....

Yup.

I have a 046 topend that I worked over just awaiting for a 044/440. Was hoping to put in on that one....may just keep it and run it the way it is for now. Haven't seen that many clean 044's, especially ones that old!

ME NEITHER, you stop looking at it, its way too slow for you, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I had one a guy talked me out of. He gave me 300.00 for it and I miss that saw. It didn't look as good as that one though, man I'd give him that 372 for that baby in a heartbeat....

Mr. Hall, I know you are pulling my leg!

Yup.

I have a 046 topend that I worked over just awaiting for a 044/440. Was hoping to put in on that one....may just keep it and run it the way it is for now. Haven't seen that many clean 044's, especially ones that old!

You dog. I called the boys down at Stihl about that saw. Soon as I told them the exhaust port was the size of a coffee jar they said good luck,LOLOL

Was the carb drilled out on that saw? I could not adjust it down to save my azz. The way it ran though it sure wasn't wasting any fuel,LOL

Link to the thread when I first posted about the saw:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=49876

LOLOL, you dog, your the one teasing me, dayumm you. You won't part with that saw and I don't blame you. That thing is built like a tank and will still be running long after that 372 is a pile of parts.

Get this though. I got one old customer that has one almost as good as yours. He has swore to me its in his will and will be mine when he's gone. He's done told his wife where that saw goes. She came by the shop one day and told me so. Problem is, and I hate to say it, he's still here,LOLOL Naaaaaaaaaa I don't wish like that on anyone but the story is 100% true.

LOLOL, you dog, your the one teasing me, dayumm you. You won't part with that saw and I don't blame you. That thing is built like a tank and will still be running long after that 372 is a pile of parts.

Get this though. I got one old customer that has one almost as good as yours. He has swore to me its in his will and will be mine when he's gone. He's done told his wife where that saw goes. She came by the shop one day and told me so. Problem is, and I hate to say it, he's still here,LOLOL Naaaaaaaaaa I don't wish like that on anyone but the story is 100% true.

There has got to be something wrong with both of us. That 372 is a damn nice saw, a Husqvarna I would really like to own. But there is something about this 028 that puts a smile on my face. I had the 16" bar burried in some Maple the other day, and that saw could not have been any happier. If i traded it for a Husky my sleep patterns might be disturbed...but another Stihl...Hmmm...

There has got to be something wrong with both of us. That 372 is a damn nice saw, a Husqvarna I would really like to own. But there is something about this 028 that puts a smile on my face. I had the 16" bar burried in some Maple the other day, and that saw could not have been any happier. If i traded it for a Husky my sleep patterns might be disturbed...but another Stihl...Hmmm...

Trust me I understand completely. That 028 I sold the guys loves. He's done ragged it out but it runs great. I told him why did you tear it up like that. He said because I done cut a mountain of wood with it, he swears by it. He has a slew of big Stihls and yet he says his favorite is that 028. Just something about the way that saw runs that makes it a goodie.

I sold one to Hoss a week ago that a customer left behind and never paid the bill on. After a year it goes. It wasn't pretty by no means but ole Hoss ran it and was all smiles. That saw isn't fast, but it sure pulls nice in the cut and runs like no other saw. Ask ole Hoss when you see him on here how he likes that 028.

That 372 cuts fast, feels fine in the hand, vibrates little and I hear it can be modded out of this world. Thing is none of that matters to me, its just another saw..

That one on the second shelf in the corner of Thalls looks nice.

Ewwwwwwwwwww you got good taste and a sharp eye. Thats a MS660 that going on 2 years old and its never seen one drop of fuel. Its hardly been touched. I'm saving that saw for my grandson. Been many a time I wanted to fire it up though,LOL In fact next week I probly will. I got another new in the box MS660 being brought to me next Wednesday. I'll probly leave that one in the box for the grandson to have one day. That one in the shed there has some dirt on the bottom of it from sitting on the shelf. Can't be giving that kid a dirty saw. What kind of grandpaw would I be. So I bought him another one I'll leave in the box. He'll be 3 in June. I may have to buy him another one in a few years if I get the itch,LOLOL

Trust me I understand completely. That 028 I sold the guys loves. He's done ragged it out but it runs great. I told him why did you tear it up like that. He said because I done cut a mountain of wood with it, he swears by it. He has a slew of big Stihls and yet he says his favorite is that 028. Just something about the way that saw runs that makes it a goodie.

I sold one to Hoss a week ago that a customer left behind and never paid the bill on. After a year it goes. It wasn't pretty by no means but ole Hoss ran it and was all smiles. That saw isn't fast, but it sure pulls nice in the cut and runs like no other saw. Ask ole Hoss when you see him on here how he likes that 028.

That 372 cuts fast, feels fine in the hand, vibrates little and I hear it can be modded out of this world. Thing is none of that matters to me, its just another saw..
You're a silly man! :greenchainsaw:

You're a silly man! :greenchainsaw:

LOL, cause my panties don't drip over a 372,ha, least of my worries,LOLOLOLOL

BTW you sly dog I read that post of yours a minute ago, don't think you slid by, I overlooked it,LOLOL

Last edited:
Back