MS460 High Output Oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closetoreality

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My local dealer told me the wrap model 'r" was only available to firefighters. I'm not sure how valid that is, but either way their customer service efforts makes up for any misunderstanding with this.

So instead of making a big stink about it down at the dealer I wanted to go about ordering the parts myself, so if anyone could track down the part numbers needed to upgrade a standard MS460 oiler to a high output oiler I would appreciate it.

Also am I going to have to rip my saw apart to install or is it relativley basic?

I just ordered the saw from my dealer, so I will not have it till probably Thursday.

Also I'm on my way out the door so I did not have a lot of time to use the search option on the board, hope this isn't an often repeated topic.

Thanks guys,
-Craig

My local dealer told me the wrap model 'r" was only available to firefighters. I'm not sure how valid that is, but either way their customer service efforts makes up for any misunderstanding with this.

Thanks guys,
-Craig

The dealer made an honest mistake, he confused the 460 Rescue saw with the MS460R.
Which in his defense there is no MS460R listed anywhere in any of our sales, or product information at all.

The MS460-R saw with wrap handle, high out put oiler,
big spikes, and clutch cover is not available to dealers here in the Northeast.

Your dealer would have to call Northeast Stihl and special order one from another
Stihl distributor to get it.

If you've never even run the saw why put money into a high out put oiler?

I have plenty of tree companies running 32" bars on 460's cutting stumps
and they don' have any issues.

My thoughts are if it ain't broke, don't break it.

I'm going to stick to the stock oiler, should be ok. As far as finding a new dealer I have built too much of a relationship with these guys and they are a decent group who are not afraid to work deals with you.

on the 460 and 660 you can tell if you have the high output oiler ,look at the adjustment screw if its just a screwdriver slot its not ,if there is a scribe mark so slot looks like the letter T you have the high output

The standard 460 oiler is easily modded to expel profuse amounts of oil, if one is so inclined.

There is a thread around here somewhere.....

A bit offtopic but do they make these high output oilers for the 088??

It was 6, and UR welcome, and don't call me bubbles.

Ok no bubbles, sparkles it is then.

As I said "an almost 7 year old thread" almost was a key word, in another 3-1/2 months, this thread will be 7 years old. As of now it is 6 years, 9-1/2 months old.

There's already a current thread discussing HO oiler, why not just reply in there, instead of bumpin' an almost 7 year thread? I mean a member in there addressed you earlier today, yet you go dig up some buried/dead thread....that's almost 7 years old....

Back