MS461 crankcase gasket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntaholic

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would anybody happen to know where I could get an ms461 crankcase gasket and cylinder gasket???? My internet searches aren't turning up ANYTHING. Oh yeah, a ms460 gasket will not work! Don't ask me how I know lol.

Exactly. Stihl has as lock on these parts and likely will for another year or so.

Is that why the filter flange is not available aftermarket. I am trying to cast some new ones because I refuse to pay $30 each for them or $25 for a used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes it's cheaper to go to the dealer than Ebay. Especially for genuine parts. Sellers online will tell you the prices are high because not everyone has a dealer near them but I just want to counter with: that's a bulls**t excuse for ripping people off.

Sometimes it's cheaper to go to the dealer than Ebay. Especially for genuine parts. Sellers online will tell you the prices are high because not everyone has a dealer near them but I just want to counter with: that's a bulls**t excuse for ripping people off.
:D That's exactly what I did today! I didn't want to wait until next week to put this saw back together so I went by the dealership and got it. Funny thing is, the price was the same as ebay. I was expecting twice as much honestly. The ms461 is back together and running good as ever now. Ive got the carb set a little rich for now until everything settles in.

Back