MS461 hard to pull rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if some experienced responders have slight differences in opinion, this has been an excellent thread. Great advice from all. And I agree that you are unlikely to have squeezed the ring grooves unless there is obvious damage to the piston beyond small scratches. I would replace the piston, rings, bearing and pin with an OEM one being as how that saw is pro level OEM. I would never install AM wrist pin retainer clips. With all that said, cleaning it up and putting it back together would most likely be just fine.

Your shop mechanic is being conservative. Only place I totally disagree is that it ran lean. His fixes would work perfectly, so any disagreement with him is niggling.

Make sure your filter is sealing up well before using again. That is a lot of sawdust in there.

Good luck! Will be reading with interest on how it comes out.

Rick

Don’t go back to that dealer

Too much?

California is higher on everything, where are you?

I dove further for that dealer, the closer one charges more. When I bought the handle and bar, this one charged 21 less for the handle, 15 less for the bar. I didn’t compare these recent parts. The closer one has screwed me around on orders before, and I don’t buy from them if they have to order anymore.

Too much?

California is higher on everything, where are you?

I dove further for that dealer, the closer one charges more. When I bought the handle and bar, this one charged 21 less for the handle, 15 less for the bar. I didn’t compare these recent parts. The closer one has screwed me around on orders before, and I don’t buy from them if they have to order anymore.
Well there’s a new oem piston kit on eBay right now for $90 with free shipping. What did you pay?

probably spent about 50 bucks more than you should have. Whatever, at least you got what you need to fix your saw. Good luck

Also with your numbers there’s only $25 for 3 gaskets, bearing, and tax. Not likely to happen.
Listen man, it’s all good. It is what it is. It sounds like your not in a rush where you had to have it that day, could have gotten everything online with no tax and no shipping cost. No need for oem exhaust gaskets either. It’s spilled milk, and no my numbers are not off. Again, good luck with the repair, I look forward to the update of it running.

Listen man, it’s all good. It is what it is. It sounds like your not in a rush where you had to have it that day, could have gotten everything online with no tax and no shipping cost. No need for oem exhaust gaskets either. It’s spilled milk, and no my numbers are not off. Again, good luck with the repair, I look forward to the update of it running.

I see you as just coming in here stirring up trouble, you still haven’t told me where these great deals are. Or where you’re are located. If you’re not gonna help, stay out of my thread.

Back