MS461 hard to pull rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The arrow on top of the piston is pointing toward the exhaust port like the manual says it’s supposed to be. The rings weren’t oriented right, I fixed them. And I looked up torque for the cylinder to crankcase bolts, 15 Newton Meters. I found a calculator site that converted it to 11.063 ft lbs, so I can just use my regular torque wrench.

I wouldn’t use a hose clamp. Try a large zip tie, but don’t make it real tight. I have done it without anything, but your better off with a large zip tie, the real big ones you can gat at Lowe’s or Home Depot. Or since your not in a rush, order a set of compressors off the bay.

since your not in a rush

I am trying to get it done now. I want to go check on my mountain place, and it’s not a good idea to go without a saw. Trees could be down. My only other saw is too small.

I think I have some big zip ties.

I am trying to get it done now. I want to go check on my mountain place, and it’s not a good idea to go without a saw. Trees could be down. My only other saw is too small.

I think I have some big zip ties.
Make sure your rings are centered on the pins. You can use your fingers to get one side started and push them in bit by bit with a pencil. Look back often to make sure the ring is centered on it's pin

So there will be slop either side?
Before the rings are compressed, yes. But as you compress the rings to slide them inside the cylinder, there will only be about a .010" gap . And make sure the rings are on right side up. The notch goes to the top so the ring can be underneath the pin

I got the piston in the cylinder, and the bolts drawn down, but not tight. I’m not gonna have a way to torque this, without making or buying something. I have a T handle.
That's all most of us use. I wouldn't say as tight as you can get them, but close. Maybe as tight as you can get them left handed without grunting. Lol. Tighten them in 3 stages in an x pattern

Latest posts

Back