• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

MS461 or MS461R ?

Glockem45

Glockem45

ArboristSite Member
So, I want to buy a new MS461 with the Large Wrap handle and the Large Dogs with a 25" bar. I thought this is a common saw. On the Stihl website, they call it the MS461R. So I have contacted 4 different dealers locally to order this for me, and they all want to know why I want the MS461R "Rescue Saw". None of them seem to know about the regular R version. Am I calling this model/version the wrong thing? What should expect to pay for this here in Virginia?

Yes I know, probably a NEWB question, but I had to do it since my local dealers can't tell me.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
This must be the full-wrap handle.

I've been talking to three different Stihl dealers about the "R Package" and they all say different things in regards to what exactly it consists of.

Not a single one of them knew anything about the above wrap handle with the scrench older.

Deets066

Deets066

Firewood hack

I've been talking to three different Stihl dealers about the "R Package" and they all say different things in regards to what exactly it consists of.

Not a single one of them knew anything about the above wrap handle with the scrench older.
That's only a 3/4 wrap

Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher

That's the "Rescue" model ,rescue has the scrench holder ,carbide chain and costs more .

Here is my R model ,it looks similar ,i add the Rescue scrench holders to my saws now .

Attachments

Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
I have found it easier to point to the part i want on their screen ,wanted a 441 sprocket cover ,they said did not have that part # ,i asked if they had the loaded one with dog and roller catcher and chip guard ,wa la they had one all of a sudden on the shelf in stock .

redoakneck

redoakneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
The dealer look up , I think, has it under wrap, not R.

Just went thru this with my dealer, and he knows his stuff!!!! The wrap model doesn't even show up in his dealer catalog because it is a west coast item.

He found it, the distributor had 6, and hardly ever sells them--- duh, if ain't in the catalog, how the frig u supposed to order one. They were doing a great deal on them since 441 was on BO.

big t double

big t double

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've also had dealers tell me there was no such thing as roller catch, never heard of square ground chain, no outer dog for an 036, and no such thing as an HO oiler.
I don't know what none of that is...do you have a picture book? a ho oiler sounds like something youd do before you put them to work on the corner...is there a machine for that? I'm thinking of getting into the pimp game...ive been listening to a lot of Too $hort this week and he makes it sound easy.

Deets066

Deets066

Firewood hack
I don't know what none of that is...do you have a picture book? a ho oiler sounds like something youd do before you put them to work on the corner...is there a machine for that? I'm thinking of getting into the pimp game...ive been listening to a lot of Too $hort this week and he makes it sound easy.
That's some funny chit there!