MS500i vs MS462C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t tell a difference [emoji1745]‍[emoji3603]

Stihl 025 for sale
Stihl 250 for sale
Stihl 026 for sale
Stihl 460 for sale
Stihl 441c for sale
Personal Saws
Stihl 192t
Stihl 260 pro
Stihl 460

I am looking forward to both, but I am not going to pick one based upon that size of wood. My 361 is plenty fast for me in that category. When the time comes if all other things are close, I will likely opt for more displacement. Ron

If I haven't "gotten it" by now, I probably never will.

Never understood the importance of how fast a saw will cut. I've cut with others as well as alone. Never once was a stop watch used.

I suppose I was more focused on safety, and how soon we'd be stopping for lunch. :popcorn2:

With my many battery powered wood working tools the question is: weight, when will the battery wear out, and, ....when will the tool wear the operator out.
Chainsaws are not much different.

Tinkering Guys like to hate on the EPA stuff but if fuel efficiency is part of that gig.... that’s a win.
Lightweight fuel sipping saws are what I want.
Both of these new Stihls look like the bomb.
I suppose I would choose the 500i as it has the fatter cubes to pull a bigger bar.
Catching bombs and all.

If I haven't "gotten it" by now, I probably never will.

Never understood the importance of how fast a saw will cut. I've cut with others as well as alone. Never once was a stop watch used.

I suppose I was more focused on safety, and how soon we'd be stopping for lunch. :popcorn2:
Cutting is just a fraction of work. Handling the wood, splitting and stacking never had stopwatch.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Why do so many Sawyers play with the throttle? It does no good. Cut at full throttle; no point in spazzing around.

Why do so many Sawyers play with the throttle? It does no good. Cut at full throttle; no point in spazzing around.

I catch myself giving a few blips but that's usually because I hear my saw load up a little bit between cuts. I think he was trying to show how snappy the acceleration but its pointless doing it like that.

Back