• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS660 Pro Ported aftermarket stihl.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m good with it. I went threw this on eBay for a bit. I also had people buy saws that I first thought were just part of a small hate group. Hey it will all work out. I shipped out two saws today and my focus is on their satisfaction and well grinding and tuning. I’m still looking forward to sharing and learning from members here. Right now I’m messing with timing numbers on my 440’s. I was blessed with the timing on the 660’s. The blowdown is a little high for what most like but it works. It’s a little outside the box.
It’s all good, this is just how forums work. Right now you’re like an eBay account with zero feedback. We all started here….I personally started here by selling a saw in my first pos

Seems like AS is slowly dying. I've noticed over the last year the number of members logged in get smaller and smaller. Wonder why?? Geez, don't like a guys saws, or what he's doing, don't buy it!! pretty simple really, all the regulars here seem like they log in just to put someone in their place or be worked up about something. Live and let live

Seems like AS is slowly dying. I've noticed over the last year the number of members logged in get smaller and smaller. Wonder why?? Geez, don't like a guys saws, or what he's doing, don't buy it!! pretty simple really, all the regulars here seem like they log in just to put someone in their place or be worked up about something. Live and let live
Yeah I’m staying and not letting it bother me much. I just about got sucked in for a bit. Heck to make that many waves I must be doing something right. Lol. I did lose some work time and my blood pressure got up some with nowhere to really let it out but I haven’t had that for a while in my life. It’s normally women who get me like that. Mouthy some of them are. Got to love them though. Thanks for your words!

Yeah I’m staying and not letting it bother me much. I just about got sucked in for a bit. Heck to make that many waves I must be doing something right. Lol. I did lose some work time and my blood pressure got up some with nowhere to really let it out but I haven’t had that for a while in my life. It’s normally women who get me like that. Mouthy some of them are. Got to love them though. Thanks
Welcome to Arboristsite, hope you stick around and contribute.
ps I'm not really into aftermarket saws either, buy I know a lot of guys like messing with them. Good luck with it

I was being accused of being some guy from hazard Kentucky. Some guy with the user name Ondalay. I’m not from Hazard nore am I that guy. I am from Kentucky though and yes that is my listing.

I missed your question with all the other crap that was flying. Most parts are from farmertec. I’ve been really happy with the majority of the parts. The cylinders I have to say are about 20% right now I won’t use. There is a piston that pops up I won’t use. Man the rest of the stuff has been really good. Plastic has some sharp edges. Some of the parts are actually better than OEM. You just have to be your own quality control on the cylinders in my opinion. Like some every once in a while aren’t even from the same mold. I haven’t used them. The port timing to work with creates a real runner on the ones I have used. Pretty impressive really!
Some parts are better than OEM
like what?

The cases are right on par. The crank bearings are c&s. They are ranked as good or better than a sks bearing. Major auto manufacturer use them. The nks crank seals definitely look better. The clutch drums are a nice concentric machined piece. I’d put it as better than a stihl stamped piece. Chain adjusters work great and are on par with OEM. The 440 cylinders so far have been very close to OEM. Squish always comes out the same on them. That’s out of about 10 of them. Every once in a while there is a 660 cylinder that leaves me thinking how did this get by. The plating has been nice in all of them though. Decompression valves have been changed and are on par. You have to inspect the retainer spring on the 440 and 460 rewind starter. It needs tightened up. If it rotates while the saw is running it lets the starter paws out and they don’t fair to well against the fly wheel. Luckily I found that out while tuning one.

The cases are right on par. The crank bearings are c&s. They are ranked as good or better than a sks bearing. Major auto manufacturer use them. The nks crank seals definitely look better. The clutch drums are a nice concentric machined piece. I’d put it as better than a stihl stamped piece. Chain adjusters work great and are on par with OEM. The 440 cylinders so far have been very close to OEM. Squish always comes out the same on them. That’s out of about 10 of them. Every once in a while there is a 660 cylinder that leaves me thinking how did this get by. The plating has been nice in all of them though. Decompression valves have been changed and are on par. You have to inspect the retainer spring on the 440 and 460 rewind starter. It needs tightened up. If it rotates while the saw is running it lets the starter paws out and they don’t fair to well against the fly wheel. Luckily I found that out while tuning one.
This is absolutely comical!!!
Have you ever heard of the saying "you get what you pay for"?

I've never messed with the aftermarket China stuff, just doesn't sound appealing to me so I haven't bought any of it. What are your experiences with the items he mentioned?
I have and all of the stuff is sub par the only thing that comes halfway close to being useable is plastic covers. I have measured tolerances , put dial gauges on cranks checked run out and always China crap loses! Don't support the Red bass turds anyway look at the mess we are in!

Man...you guys are brutal. I don't have as much experience as many of you and I respect all of your opinions. I don't like the idea of the blatant copying from China either. However to attack someone who might be an asset to this forum seems pretty mean spirited to me.

I prefer to buy old pro saws and fix them up for myself. I admit I've used some aftermarket parts but I don't use them professionally either and I'm not selling them. If I were using saws to earn money I would only buy new Stihl or Husky saws and use only factory service parts.

If he can sell them and stands behind them, so be it.

Have a great night,
Lee

A "get together " with your saw builds would really blow up your sales ,build confidence, and put your name and reputation out there.
Most if not all of the, reputable builders do this and reap the rewards of it ." If you build them they will come" it also gives you a chance to let potential buyers to run your builds .
Personally anything over 500.00 is a face to face with me.

Back