Ms660 with 6 k products 11 pin rim sprocket today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8-3/8 or 7 +.404 basically same speed due to same diameter so 3/8 can stand a little larger diameter if anyone's run a 7 -.404 any on a 660

trainwreck.jpg
He's inspecting the mass of the flywheel, it's the most likely cause of the incident. The accident investigation team figures a larger flywheel could have prevented this:laughing:.

3/8 7 pin 5.25 In./rev. .404 7 pin 5.65 In./Rev. 3/8 8 pin 6.0 In/Rev. Right about half way between.

My Oregon brand 404 7 and 3/8 8 are identical in diameter .at gothards he did have anotherbrand that was as you report slightly smaller

chainsaw power (as a measure of total RPMS under a load modified by the rest of the equation) + chain type + chain pitch + chain gauge + chain mods + bar gauge + bar type + bar mods + wood type + wood size + operator + rim = cut speed
in other words "everything matters"
when Chainsaw Jim built this saw and I tested it, he took it all into account and for an 024 this little ****er flies through a 12x12 fir cant, I would dare say it is a good bit faster than the 660 with an 11 pin :) It ALL Matters

Dave

How much money are you willing to bet? I cut the bar off that saw before it gets through that soft fir .Arnold Humbard is proud of the 064 just got a new carb today on it and maxi flow breather

How much money are you willing to bet? I cut the bar off that saw before it gets through that soft fir .Arnold Humbard is proud of the 064 just got a new carb today on it and maxi flow breather
Get the new Fluke Stratoscope. Satellite telemetry. That will shut these guys up.

Which one of you is piltz ? 041 or this Jim m maybe this Dave guy .idk but you three sounding more and more like him . All fans of a mighty little saw

Fir is soft

Well, that thing was likely better than 4.5 sec per 1sq ft. Your saw was 4sq ft at 45 sec?
18 sec vs 45...lol
Looks like about 39.6% the speed per ft2 of that little thing.
Aaaahhhhaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaah

Well, that thing was likely better than 4.5 sec per 1sq ft. Your saw was 4sq ft at 45 sec?
18 sec vs 45...lol
Looks like about 39.6% the speed per ft2 of that little thing.
Aaaahhhhaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaah[/QUOTE that would sound like your willing to place a bet on the little piltz saw ?

Latest posts

Back