Ms660 with 6 k products 11 pin rim sprocket today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read somewhere on the internet that there is a guaranteed way to get and extra 3HP and 100ft/lbs of torque out of ANY size chainsaw.

The article said that you need:
  • 5% Castrol 20W50
  • 5% corn oil
  • 90% oil from the hair of a redheaded virgin
Then, mix the above 36:1 with a 50/50 mix of E-85 and swamp ass juice from the underwear of a blue eyed midget truck driver.

My sister's friend's roommate's boyfriend's brother tried it and he cut down a locust tree with a full chisel, full comp 36" bar on his MS170.

I thought this was serious until I got close to the end and you said "full chisel" everybody knows there ain't no such thing as "full chisel" how gullible do you think we are?

Let me recap for you ........ To my surprise in pulled the 11 better than my expectations.

Wait. Do I detect some backpedaling here?

Does the 11 pin sprocket pull "faster than a harvester driven by a Lycoming turbofan helicopter engine" ... or just "better than my expectations"?

Dey's a diffrunce.

Deafv34W4AAy7C4.jpg

usin heg sheeve diameter formulas .
This is 'your' heg sheave formula below.

It's what we all learn in grade 3 and what I did in my post below.
"Corrected to 2.32 dia

· Formula for RPM Calculation · The basic equation used to calculate the proper RPM for machining is as follows: RPM = (cutting speed x 12)/(pi x diameter) Where the cutting speed is in feet/min and the diameter is in inches.

Spanky's made up numbers 10,640 FPM
From circumference × RPM ÷12

Actual numbers of Ft per min. 7,895.6 FPM
Difference of
________
=2,744 fpm (half a mile) × 60

A 30 mph lie

Now you are a mile and a half a minute instead of 2

120mph now becomes 90 mph

Now Spanky ^^^ Just to make this clear...this does not in any way mean you tell the truth 3/4's of the time...you do realize this?

Mitch! I am very very disappointed in your behavior.
D x π = C
2.3 × 3.1415 = 7.22545" circumference
7.22545" x 13000 RPM
= 93,930.85"
Divided By 12^^↑^^ for FPM
=7827.5708333 FPM At 1300 FPM

*I just noticed I did the Dia at 2.3 not 2.32
Your numbers are way off. Something went wrong.

I used a 8 tooth rim, a plugged govenor on the carb, set the rakers at .040” for pine on a 2100. We were speed cutting at the fair(2100) I had to pull the spikes off because the .040” rakers would actually pull the bar in when boring two holes without breaking out. The spikes got stuck in the pine. She was a beast to handle when boring holes. I can imagine speeding it up more. I’m a big guy at 300#, I lifted 400# parts on the machine to assemble it by hand. I’m no light weight.

We cut,,,,
One cut down, Second cut down, one cut up, second cut up, bore two holes in the center of the timber without breaking out, one cut down, one cut up. 17.5 seconds. That 2100 was kickin butt.

This is 'your' heg sheave formula below.

It's what we all learn in grade 3 and what I did in my post below.
"Corrected to 2.32 dia

· Formula for RPM Calculation · The basic equation used to calculate the proper RPM for machining is as follows: RPM = (cutting speed x 12)/(pi x diameter) Where the cutting speed is in feet/min and the diameter is in inches.

Spanky's made up numbers 10,640 FPM
From circumference × RPM ÷12

Actual numbers of Ft per min. 7,895.6 FPM
Difference of
________
=2,744 fpm (half a mile) × 60

A 30 mph lie

Now you are a mile and a half a minute instead of 2

120mph now becomes 90 mph

Now Spanky ^^^ Just to make this clear...this does not in any way mean you tell the truth 3/4's of the time...you do realize this?

Mitch! I am very very disappointed in your behavior.
Let's keep the pi talk on the other channel :laugh:.

Ok I understand your in agreement chain runs 90 mph and not 120 mph .making it easier and more doable .thanks for the correction.

Anything like Tinfoil Hats?

If that chain snaps or comes off at that speed you’ll need more than Kevlar to stop that chain. I don’t want to even think about the damage the chain can do.

Titainium cup you know where.

Might have to use the .404” chain. The 2100’s Year’s ago were noted for snapping 3/8” chain in frozen wood. I ran 404” chain.

If that chain snaps or comes off at that speed you’ll need more than Kevlar to stop that chain. I don’t want to even think about the damage the chain can do.

Titainium cup you know where.

Might have to use the .404” chain. The 2100’s Year’s ago were noted for snapping 3/8” chain in frozen wood. I ran 404” chain.
I had a 36 on an 066 and the chain fell off. 8 pin 3/8.
Caught me just right of center. Between the legs.
Even with chaps it felt like a punch.

The Tinfoil was about someone......tee hee

All credibility was gone with the “harder to start with the 11 pin, the 10 pin was easier”

IF....And I say IF ....though it doesn’t...make a difference......a wide or narrow tip would make more of a difference in mass with the weight of the chain than any sprocket you could pry bar in there.

Yup got brushed on the side of my leg when it through a long bar chain off. Not a good felling. It will make us freeze and tense up.

I just purchased a used husky saw and the chain stop was missing, like ripped off. I ordered a new chain stop and installed it. Safety first.

Yup got brushed on the side of my leg when it through a long bar chain off. Not a good felling. It will make us freeze and tense up.

I just purchased a used husky saw and the chain stop was missing, like ripped off. I ordered a new chain stop and installed it. Safety first.
I just swung the bar sideways on some weeds to get to a big oak to buck.
Putting it back on it was adjusted right.
I’m slowly getting ceramic catchers on all the saws.
084 work tomorrow.......

Latest posts

Back