Ms660 with 6 k products 11 pin rim sprocket today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot lot lot of rpm for a 660 not sure if I would ever run one that high. I'm sure it would make a great cookie cutting saw.
I calculated it a 15,500+RPM if he's is truly pulling over 10600+ RPM
I've ran (tried) ported 461 all sent out over 16,000 I would say but the same builder's 660's were nothing close to that.
He says he's running 13,000?
One of him useless gizmo's in ****ed..lol
Or...unless I'm 'stihl wrong'... Lol

Your still wrong saws not turning that rpm and that's why I say formula is wrong that your so stuck on .the formulas o used are more in line with the fluke stroboscope than the pin formula

Only time I've seen a saw run past 14.500 was when I ported and decked my 044 and that was just to much lots of bad things can happen if you're not careful so I guess when he post the videos of him running it with the 11pin and the 8pin we should be able tell just by sound how hard he's running it at least I will anyways that's what happens when you are legally blind like me you hearing is more sesative to sound. Lol

Only time I've seen a saw run past 14.500 was when I ported and decked my 044 and that was just to much lots of bad things can happen if you're not careful so I guess when he post the videos of him running it with the 11pin and the 8pin we should be able tell just by sound how hard he's running it at least I will anyways that's what happens when you are legally blind like me you hearing is more sesative to sound. Lol
Bad things can happen, but there are plenty of saws running over 14.5k.
Most aren't out cutting firewood though.

Brand new RS chain .
I'm not thinking rupdog is talking about a stock chain.
RPMs alone don't equate a fast saw, heard many saws screaming, screaming to their death because they were under no real load because of a dull chain, I actually just picked one up with a lightly scored piston, the chain was on backwards lol.

I'm not thinking rupdog is talking about a stock chain.
RPMs along don't equate a fast saw, heard many saws screaming, screaming to their death because they were under no real load because of a dull chain, I actually just picked one up with a lightly scored piston, the chain was on backwards lol.
Yea i had a ex logger bring me his fire wood saw ms390 and man I could count the little bits of the aluminum off the piston in the bottom of the crank cover ask him if he strait gased it and nope so I ask if he was messing with the carb yep and he said it was screaming like he likes. I said. Lol. Well go fin another saw this thing is all but junk now.

Again purchase a $1399.99 fluke 820-2 stroboscope and you too will see the formula is wrong the saw runs at 13042 engine rpm on the tach not 15500 like the formula all of you are stuck on that is wrong . I have the instruments and I have proven it's wrong. That all but anything I do can be followed if someone is willing to spend the time and the dime for the test instruments.

Again purchase a $1399.99 fluke 820-2 stroboscope and you too will see the formula is wrong the saw runs at 13042 engine rpm on the tach not 15500 like the formula all of you are stuck on that is wrong . I have the instruments and I have proven it's wrong. That all but anything I do can be followed if someone is willing to spend the time and the dime for the test instruments.
Can you post a picture of the tack that will shut me up I'm not trying to bad mouth you I just want to see what you saw is turning for rpm buy tack.

Here's the red oak test log and the video with a 8 pin 25 inch bar or the 660. This will be the same log that test the 11 pin on also

Here's the red oak test log and the video with a 8 pin 25 inch bar or the 660. This will be the same log that test the 11 pin on also

Now are you going to be running the same bar and chain? And I'm glad to see that your not running it over 14000.

No that's a factory 25 inch Stihl bar with a RS full comp chain . The bar that has been modified for the 11 pin sprocket was a factory 36 inch bar that has been cut down to 32.5 the chain is a 36 " RS full comp that has had 7 links removed .

Yep I never said it was a engine modded saw . My two 064 are my moded saws . Only mod to the 660 is the sprocket and bar.

Going to compare stock to moded 064s eventually . The other point was to see how a stock saw ran with sprocket change . The 660 did run a faster cutting time with the 8 pin and slower times with a seven pin so now let's test a extreme sprocket change see if cutting time slows or gets quicker . I put the 11 on and I also have a 10 . Just testing and posting observation I find it more appealing than just pointless opinions . After all I've found by doing it on this stock saw that the sprocket pin formula is fake news .lol

Back