Ms660 with 6 k products 11 pin rim sprocket today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This video was Friday after fitting the bar and 11 pin sprocket . Bar had a few bugs to work out and chain is dressed more now for the red oak than it was in this video on the white oak log.

images

With a assistant mechanics help here is video 19 second wide open pull peak rpm

Sounds like you had a screwdriver in your hand leaning it out.
This video was Friday after fitting the bar and 11 pin sprocket . Bar had a few bugs to work out and chain is dressed more now for the red oak than it was in this video on the white oak log.

Not sure what a dressed chain is(if it was new RS chain it should cut just fine in red oak), but if you keep running it like that you'll need to "dress" the tip as it looks like you have a solid 6-8" of that bar in the wood.

Your theory on the chain speed may be true, I have no idea, and it doesn't bother me not to know, but all the other stuff has been done many times on here. The search feature here isn't the best, but if you search via google you will find many results here and other sites as well as youtube, what your doing is nothing new.

This all reminds me of a guy who was selling an 880 late last yr :omg:.
Sure we will all find out just how wrong everything that's been done by everyone is, it's coming :yes:.

The Nay Sayers ask for the Day Sayers receive. No fake news from me what I say and what I video is what it is .

The log with the 8 pin in the prior videos of this . Is a log from the same tree . 8 pin 25 bar saw isn't under load as it is with the 11pin and 8 1/2 more inches of bar .Arnold Humbard the older gentleman in shorts said,quote in my opinion the chips coming out of the discharge hitting my leg felt like rocks hitting and I had to move my leg away from discharge ,this is something I didn't have to do with the 8 pin sprocket when in shorts

You still not offering anything as to why in your opinion it had no bearing on it .
Like the price of ice cream goes up and you have a car accident.....
THEY ARE NOT RELATED

Something else happened at about the same time.
You put on the big sprocket and now it’s harder to pull.
And I had a frothy stool.....but not related.

Have you put the smaller one on and tried again?

Your still wrong saws not turning that rpm and that's why I say formula is wrong that your so stuck on .the formulas o used are more in line with the fluke stroboscope than the pin formula
It can not be wrong. That's the lineal measurement of the physical chain. That doesn't change. The sprocket makes one revolution then your 11 pin 3/8, travels (.750 ×11) 8.250" along the bar. There is no error there. That's insanity if you thing otherwise?
When the 572 Husqvarna specs came out some 8 months ago and they claimed it will turn 29.3 m/s
(Metres per second) at 133% of power max speed. So 33% over 100%
9,900 ÷ 33 + 9,900 = 13,168.

I tried with the diameter back then and it didn't work. After thinking about it, I clearly understand why.
Today I tried it the fool proof way and came up with just under 28.3 m/s .
1/29 or 40" error per second. 3%+
All considered, that's pretty close.
7T 7.5 revolution error to the reality I speak of at the top of post.
-----------------------------------------------------
Now your $1,300+ gun is a different story.
8.250" × 13000 RPM = 107250 in/per minute.
Divided by 12
= 8937.5 FPM vs 10640
Different of 1702.5 FPM
We're not done yet!
Divide by 60 = 28.375 ft per second error VS Husqvarna's 40' error per second.

OK, you don't even have to apologize
Just pull head out of azz and go get your $1300 back.

* to make it fair, make that 40" error
60",for the pin count difference.
That's 5ft VS 28 ft?
It does through a few Sparks we strobe checked chain speed last night at 10640fpm

Latest posts

Back