Ms660 with 6 k products 11 pin rim sprocket today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here's what I have gleaned from this thread -- if you clean out the carburetor in your weedeater, and -- with an 11 pin sprocket (and a 3.31 gear) -- use it to stir your moldy stew until it resembles a frothy stool, your MS660 with an 11 pin sprocket will not have sufficient torque to push a barge. Unless the Klingons remove your @nal probe.

How'd I do?

Yep everyone needs Macs at least 4 of them a few pioneers a David Bradley gear reduction or or two etc . I also agree the old forum click guys should leave the physics out and do more practical testing with test equipment as I do
Well funny that you mention we should go out and test are saws lol because we have and we all know that you will get more torke with a 7pin than you ever will with the 11pin.........

I agree you have more torque driving your truck around in granny gear all the time which is what's happening with a stock 660 with a seven pin sprocket .

Ok, here's what I have gleaned from this thread -- if you clean out the carburetor in your weedeater, and -- with an 11 pin sprocket (and a 3.31 gear) -- use it to stir your moldy stew until it resembles a frothy stool, your MS660 with an 11 pin sprocket will not have sufficient torque to push a barge. Unless the Klingons remove your @nal probe.

How'd I do?
Ok up to the point where the fitting of an ever larger sprocket makes it unable to pull the recoil cord so are unable to start the bl**dy thing unless you have a Caterpiler D8 or similar other brand to push it down the road to fire it up failure to start you have the ideal bit of kit to run over it with

Saw runs it can be cranked with either sprockets it is harder with the largest diameter heaviest mass sprocket . It has eased some with the 10 on it now .

Howdy,
All kidding aside, if you're going to tickle the tigers tail with rim size, please get a bar with a tail to match. It's not just for the operator because you're talking about chainshot rpm's here.
Regards
Gregg
I think he said the bar was modded.
Yeah a little tinkler tickle is the last thing needed :surprised3:.

Yep if you don't cut the tapper off the bar for the tiny dinky sprockets and mill the slot back in it and oil holes the chain runs 3.5 inches of the bar not in the groove and that happens. That's why my 36" bar is now 32.5 inches and 7 links was removed from 36" chain. I know that will keep those without a machine shop or at least a bridge port and endmill from doing it. You know the nonmechanical tyoes.lol

I agree you have more torque driving your truck around in granny gear all the time which is what's happening with a stock 660 with a seven pin sprocket .
:ices_rofl::sucks:

Saw runs it can be cranked with either sprockets it is harder with the largest diameter heaviest mass sprocket . It has eased some with the 10 on it now .
:dumb2::dumb2::dumb2:

:wtf::angry::dumb::dumb2::badpc: I think some high velocity chainshot may knock some sense into the Spanker..... someone wanna donate a rusty 1/2" loop to the cause.

I thought this might have been actually going somewhere until i read this.

Right, anyone who thinks a sprocket is going to make any difference on cranking doesn't have all of his marbles, plus he thinks the sprocket maybe 1/2# has a flywheel effect. Maybe if it was a flywheel off a D John Deere that weighs 300# it might have a flywheel effect. This boy has a lot to learn about physics . Steve

Latest posts

Back