Ms660 with 6 k products 11 pin rim sprocket today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question on the chain speed. A strobe cannot measure travel speed directly. The FPM on your Fluke is Flashes Per Minute, not feet per minute. Unless you’re calculating rpm (the typical use of a strobe) x circumference, you’re not measuring the chain speed.

How much money are you willing to bet? I cut the bar off that saw before it gets through that soft fir .Arnold Humbard is proud of the 064 just got a new carb today on it and maxi flow breather
Which one of you is piltz ? 041 or this Jim m maybe this Dave guy .idk but you three sounding more and more like him . All fans of a mighty little saw
ported 084 and ported 090 here......
Thought YOU were Philtz

and-the-saga-continues-need-more-popcorn.jpg

id love to see what 090 can do, I'd love to get my hands on a stock 1 but there as scarce as hens teeth here
The GTG video was chain off the roll with a 59” buried.
Not the best chain. Needed the rakers dropped for the torque available
Randy’s on YT is better. It’s like towing with a diesel. Torque out the butt

Flashes per minute and rpm is same it's in the owners manual

Right, FPM=CPM=RPM. To calculate the chain speed, the OD of the rim determines the chain speed. Since these are not conventional involuted gears, or roller chain sprockets, the pitch diameter is not the value to determine the chain speed.

The simple chain speed formula doesn’t take into effect the variations in the manufacturer’s OD, since the drive link engages at a diameter different than the rim or spur tooth outside diameter. Speed is determined by the rim or spit tooth diameter.

chainsaw power (as a measure of total RPMS under a load modified by the rest of the equation) + chain type + chain pitch + chain gauge + chain mods + bar gauge + bar type + bar mods + wood type + wood size + operator + rim = cut speed
in other words "everything matters"
when Chainsaw Jim built this saw and I tested it, he took it all into account and for an 024 this little ****er flies through a 12x12 fir cant, I would dare say it is a good bit faster than the 660 with an 11 pin :) It ALL Matters

Dave

Chainsaw Jim must have a stroboscope-5000 to do stuff like that....and pinz, lots of sprocket pins. Now when I get muh stroboscope-5000....

We technicians always have other technicians verify data before calling it conclusive
Walk the walk. You can't be calling others wrong if you don't share how your numbers came about? formula please
member: 69682"A strobe cannot measure travel speed directly. The FPM on your Fluke is Flashes Per Minute, not feet per minute. Unless you’re calculating rpm (the typical use of a strobe) x circumference, you’re not measuring the chain speed.
"Flashes per minute", I missed that.
Thanks for pointing out the capabilities of this device.

Flashes per minute and rpm is same it's in the owners manual
So its just a fancy $1400 gun that measures RPM? Lol
You gave me & others that may not be familiar with this gun, the impression it was reading out 10,640 Ft per Minute.
So now do you want to share your formula in full?

Now its starting to make sense

Latest posts

Back