Ms661 mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The muffler mod is pretty straightforward for a do it yourself type. I'm in Harford County MD and did my own 661 muffler, if your interested in just that I could walk you through it

Hehe, you guys have a point, but you also have to consider the region and habits of certain parts of the world. Here in Romania we dont really like bars longer than 20". a 16" bar is perfect for the diameter of wood that we mostly cut in this parts of the world.

Hehe, you guys have a point, but you also have to consider the region and habits of certain parts of the world. Here in Romania we dont really like bars longer than 20". a 16" bar is perfect for the diameter of wood that we mostly cut in this parts of the world.

I totally agree, no point in running a 42"bar if you only cut 20"wood- but that log pile looks like a few of them sticks would challenge that bar- as proven by the pinch you get first cut of the second log. ;)

You are right. There where a few thicker logs there. It wasn't me cutting, it was the owner of the 661, the bar was 16", he also had a 25" bar in the car that we ended up using for those bigger logs. We also had my Makita/Dolmar 6400 with a 20" bar and a Jonsered 2258 with a 18" bar. Plenty of Saws. It was more like a getogheter than a working day.

You are right. There where a few thicker logs there. It wasn't me cutting, it was the owner of the 661, the bar was 16", he also had a 25" bar in the car that we ended up using for those bigger logs. We also had my Makita/Dolmar 6400 with a 20" bar and a Jonsered 2258 with a 18" bar. Plenty of Saws. It was more like a getogheter than a working day.

Cool the see the saw love coming from romania even tho yall have sticks lol

Here`s a clip from the same day. Makita got pinched and Stihl saves the day...

Back