muffler falling off Husky 272

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickeyd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
running my 272 in some red oak today and the muffler fell off ! never happened before . I put it back on and a few minutes later off it comes again ! anyone have any thoughts on why this might be happening and how I can fix it . I am wondering if it is too hot to use locktite
thanks Mick

I'm in the same boat right now with a friends husky 61. I was thinking loc-tite or lock washers, not sure which would be best. If loc-tite, red or blue?

There should be an outer bracket the goes between the muffler studs and the saw body, it supports the front of the muffler (it has a upside down "U" shape), also the gasket is necessary as well or the studs will keep loosening up.

There should be an outer bracket the goes between the muffler studs and the saw body, it supports the front of the muffler (it has a upside down "U" shape), also the gasket is necessary as well or the studs will keep loosening up.

I've got about 30 NOS late model brackets going to waste PM me for needs. The new style work on the old style even better than the old style.
Shep

Back