Muffler help for Echo Bearcat SC3342

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectre468

ArboristSiteNoob
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I have an Echo Bearcat SC3342 with a Briggs and Stratton 1500 series 342cc engine. After many years of dependable service, the tab on the muffler mount finally broke. The muffler itself nearly shook loose. Unfortunately, mount and muffler are a single assembly, so I need a new muffler assembly. I'm striking out on the B&S website and echo says to refer to B&S. Anyone know where I can get some help to identify and order the correct part?

Thanks!

Good luck with things!
If you can, please post up the results when you are finished.
Any information might be of help to the next person with similar equipment or an engine.
Once the manufacturers stop supporting a machine, it get frustrating to find dead links and no more info.

Good luck with things!
If you can, please post up the results when you are finished.
Any information might be of help to the next person with similar equipment or an engine.
Once the manufacturers stop supporting a machine, it get frustrating to find dead links and no more info.

So I got everything I needed for the muffler repair directly from Briggs & Stratton. They are still supporting that engine and have plenty of parts.

The other stuff I needed for the Bearcat part of the machine I was able to track down on the webz. Parts is parts and most of the Bearcat stuff is common to multiple machines. The exception is that my engine requires a pair of belts instead of one. (Lucky me.) But the price was comparable to a single belt, so I can't complain too much. Should have everything in by the weekend and start rebuilding this beaut!

Latest posts

Back