MUFFLER PAINT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now get it mounted on the saw and get us some pictures :).
Coming soon just waiting on a gasket. Nice dolmar I have the EA7900PRZ2. You know what the difference is between the 7910 and the 7900? Is it the cat muffler? I didnt think this model had one but I can't figure why so many model number changes

Coming soon just waiting on a gasket. Nice dolmar I have the EA7900PRZ2. You know what the difference is between the 7910 and the 7900? Is it the cat muffler? I didnt think this model had one but I can't figure why so many model number changes
Did yours tear. If they do I will use a dab of grease to hold them on the muffler, once in place it will burn off and the muffler holds it.
Thanks, I have a few of them in stock form and a few modded, fun saws. Great power with nice filtration and anti-vibes as well as an angled top handle, what's not to like.
The prz2 is the wrap handle with the hd filter, prz1 is the hd filter, and the prz is the standard handle and filter. They all have a cat muffler as do all the dolmars with the front muffler bracket as far as I know. Pretty sure most of the dolmar 7900/6401 had a non-cat muffler and the 6421/7910's along with all the new makitas have the cat muffler.
Will you be modding the muffler on the 7900, nice hole in the front through the bracket is an easy mod once they are gutted. They don't need a lot, you can also open them up under the deflector and that's enough on a stock saw once gutted.

No mine didnt tear it crumbled into peices! Another reason to love the makita/dolmar line metal gasket)haha. Lots of carbon build-up. This particular saw was my first. I bought it when i bought my property and wanted to start clearing. I had no clue then how to tune or care for a saw. Going to clean or replace the carb too we will see. As for the 7900 yes thats why I ask because I'm deciding wich paint to use and was wondering how hot these mufflers get. I know the ones with the cat gets really hot after some time. I like the rustolium engin enamol but its only 650 rated. Wanting to go with a good strong enamol this time not just BBQ paint. Its crazy makita dosent have better technical data on their web site. They must not want us to know! I called tech support today and they said they didnt know and would call me back with an awnser. Lol. I might only pull the guts out (if it has any) still doing my research. My muffler does not have the front support bracket so I'll probably just bore out under the deflector. Dont really need the power I just have alot of fun figuring it out and learning how to do it. Also it would be good to,bring down run temps.
6f26121c85a5e75100d88b35d30fca03.jpg

No mine didnt tear it crumbled into peices! Another reason to love the makita/dolmar line metal gasket)haha. Lots of carbon build-up. This particular saw was my first. I bought it when i bought my property and wanted to start clearing. I had no clue then how to tune or care for a saw. Going to clean or replace the carb too we will see. As for the 7900 yes thats why I ask because I'm deciding wich paint to use and was wondering how hot these mufflers get. I know the ones with the cat gets really hot after some time. I like the rustolium engin enamol but its only 650 rated. Wanting to go with a good strong enamol this time not just BBQ paint. Its crazy makita dosent have better technical data on their web site. They must not want us to know! I called tech support today and they said they didnt know and would call me back with an awnser. Lol. I might only pull the guts out (if it has any) still doing my research. My muffler does not have the front support bracket so I'll probably just bore out under the deflector. Dont really need the power I just have alot of fun figuring it out and learning how to do it. Also it would be good to,bring down run temps.
6f26121c85a5e75100d88b35d30fca03.jpg
Great looking saw.
The cat versions can get pretty hot.
Interesting it doesn't have the bracket, maybe they don't have a cat in the new ones, I've never owned one.
Now I want to know.

Great looking saw.
The cat versions can get pretty hot.
Interesting it doesn't have the bracket, maybe they don't have a cat in the new ones, I've never owned one.
Now I want to know.
I know I read somewhere they dont particularly with this model. But it was just a thread no real fact from Makita. I THINK that bracket is just support for a heavy ass CAT muff. Wich suks because I like the bracket look

I know I read somewhere they dont particularly with this model. But it was just a thread no real fact from Makita. I THINK that bracket is just support for a heavy ass CAT muff. Wich suks because I like the bracket look
Probably to support it. While the bracket looks fine I'd rather loose the weight of it as well as the cat if possible :).
@MillerModSaws hey Carl can you shed some light on this.

You know what the difference is between the 7910 and the 7900? Is it the cat muffler? I didnt think this model had one but I can't figure why so many model number changes
Dolmar PS7900 = Makita DCS7900
added decomp -> Dolmar PS7900HS = Makita DCS7901
added cat -> Dolmar PS7910 = Makita EA7900P
heated version -> Dolmar PS7910H = Makita EA7901P

Sooo sexy. I need to know man what paint is that on the muffler. And what kind of pipe/metal do you use for the exaust deflector. What do you weld it with. I'm CLUELESS! im gathering information and come winter time im doing it.
Can take credit for it. @MG2186, Mike Gott does them. He’s done a couple for me, l like them. They sound great to me, there’s no mistaking who’s saw is running.

Hows it run with that mod.
Did you do any test cuts before/after.
I'm interested also. I may be a customer if he is still for hire. How long has the saw been running and how often do you run it? Or is it a show peice. Did you paint the air filter and front end cover yourself? Or wuere did you buy them?

Muffler paint is temporary. Besides it’s a chainsaw. It cuts wood, it gets dirty, it cuts more wood.
A3D1C75B-222B-4A5F-9CC6-A0F33E819896.jpeg

Back