Mufflers get hot.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damned vid was cut too short. Would really liked to have seen the next couple of minutes.
Just a civilian observer here.
Do any of you climbers (still?) have metal wire cored flip lines?
Or has OSHA or California declared them a hazard of some sort?

This is one of the thousands of reasons I do not climb/cut with only a flip line. I want a way to get to the ground quickly and easily at the drop of a hat.

If he had a choked climb line with either a mechanical or rope prussic or even a figure 8 set up, he could have unhooked the flip line and repelled out of the inferno quickly.

This is one of the thousands of reasons I do not climb/cut with only a flip line. I want a way to get to the ground quickly and easily at the drop of a hat.

If he had a choked climb line with either a mechanical or rope prussic or even a figure 8 set up, he could have unhooked the flip line and repelled out of the inferno quickly.
....also a case for wearing gloves too... Jeezus!

Wow that spread really fast!!! He handled it well imo keeping calm and getting the fire off the tree and off the saw. Too bad it spread shortly after, I hope he was ok

Damned vid was cut too short. Would really liked to have seen the next couple of minutes.
Just a civilian observer here.
Do any of you climbers (still?) have metal wire cored flip lines?
Or has OSHA or California declared them a hazard of some sort?
They are a hazzard around power lines that for sure. They on the other hand add a slight bit of resistance to cuts from a saw but can still be cut in half.

Latest posts

Back