Mugshot before the Warden and Doc put an end to my Enjoyment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Multifaceted

Firewood Hoarder, Axe Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going in for ACL repair surgery on the 25th, got the chimney swept and the stove rebuilt. This weekend I moved all of the seasoned firewood for a few months to dry storage.

Today I ran my saws for a little bit to give them a sense of being, and took them all out again later and started them up before putting them away for a few months. My girls love to play, gonna be hard to leave them be for a few months. I ran them hard earlier, then put a shot of Stihl Motomix in the gas tank and ran for a moment. Now they will sit and wait for my return.

PKkOPPe.jpg

Going in for ACL repair surgery on the 25th, got the chimney swept and the stove rebuilt. This weekend I moved all of the seasoned firewood for a few months to dry storage.

Today I ran my saws for a little bit to give them a sense of being, and took them all out again later and started them up before putting them away for a few months. My girls love to play, gonna be hard to leave them be for a few months. I ran them hard earlier, then put a shot of Stihl Motomix in the gas tank and ran for a moment. Now they will sit and wait for my return.

PKkOPPe.jpg
Don’t see no Hooskies, not a fan? Mind I’m not judging, just an observation. Mrs. Grizz goes in for total knee replacement in Jan., she’s already had the acl repaired twice, once in her 20’s from a ski accident, again in her 50’s, that was about 15 yrs ago. She’s been in almost constant pain for 3 or 4 yrs now, takes NO pain medication cause opioids make her sick to her stomach. She’s been surviving on a local hemp rub, says she gets immediate relief . Good luck :cool:with the knee!

Hope you have a successful surgery and fast recovery......you're girls will be waiting on ya'.

Many thanks! Aside from snow removal, work around the house is slow during the winter months. The only thing I'll miss out on is splitting on a frozen day, so much easier. After about 2 months I'll be bearing weight, so I'll see if I feel comfortable to swing a splitting axe, but if not, then so be it. It'll be tough to stay away from the saws, finally got a mill and @Trx250r180 hooked me up with some square ground chains. Been so busy getting ready for winter before the surgery, never got a chance to fiddle with any of it. Staying positive, at least I'm upright and breathing!

If the doc wants you to stay on the DL, stay on the DL. Don't try to get back in the field and reinjure yourself. It's late in the season anyway.

Most definitely. I may be stubborn, but I'm not stupid and while I can't say I'll get the temptations to deviate from the doc's orders, I'm fairly confident that I'll stay the course. Eager to be back to normal again.

Don’t see no Hooskies, not a fan? Mind I’m not judging, just an observation. Mrs. Grizz goes in for total knee replacement in Jan., she’s already had the acl repaired twice, once in her 20’s from a ski accident, again in her 50’s, that was about 15 yrs ago. She’s been in almost constant pain for 3 or 4 yrs now, takes NO pain medication cause opioids make her sick to her stomach. She’s been surviving on a local hemp rub, says she gets immediate relief . Good luck :cool:with the knee!

I do not, nothing against them, just don't have any. Haven't run many of them, but those I did were good, high revving saws. I'd like to get an old 455 or something older and or pro-centric, but my saw enthusiasm is still budding. Long time axe junkie here, ha ha ha

Ooof, two ACL surgeries for your wife? That's no bueno. I'm very much like your wife, many pain killers and opioids make me nauseous... Honestly, if rather deal with the pain rather then feeling like I'm going to be sick, blech...

Wishing you well on everything!!

Thanks, Steve. This downtime will be "workbench time" — many backlogged projects that need my attention, this will be perfect for keeping me busy. First order of business is to finish up your Grandad's DBA, it'll be a cruiser now. StsS tuned!

Hope your surgery goes well and recovery also. Hope you can make it to Steve's next month even if it's just to shoot the **** with the other saw nuts.

I'm going to make a valiant attempt, had a great time at the last one even though it was a 90° and 100% humidity. An autumn GTG is right in my wheelhouse. Since I won't be able to run saws, I'll likely bring my axe collection for exposition. Being so soon after my operation, I'll have to make sure I'm good and mobile. Don't want to roll my foot on a stick, slip and tear the graft. Mrs. Multi will be on-call starting that weekend, so if she doesn't think it's a good idea, then I'll be in the doghouse for going. She's not the overbearing type, but she's a pistol, and when she's had a legitimate concern, it's almost always for a good reason. Also, she's CSI, so if I piss her off, she'll dispose of me without a trace....

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

Thanks, mate - looking forward to getting better. Will work on some long overdue restorations in the meantime, perfect busy work for limited mobility. I'll be back posting again in the Axe Restoration thread soon.

Uh... OK? They are just chainsaws!

Indeed they are, imI not the most creative with titles. I had a beer or two in me and was feeling proud of my humble saw fleet.

Love these mug shots and “liked” that part of the post...... didn’t like that your going under the knife. Make sure you follow doctors orders.

Of course, orders are pretty clear, just a long recovery. Once I'm back 100% again I can resume doing my daily backflips!

If I was closer to you I would take those girls out on the town for you so they were not bored. lol Wishing you speedy recovery.

Thank you, they'd probably like that, but I do prefer to keep a close eye on my own, just me being me. At the very least I'll get out to give them all a startup andb light throttle run. Got myself s pretty sweet rolling stool for my workbench, that'll keep me in the shop working when I'm not supposed to be walking amongst obstacles...

Back