Mulberry tree looks weak.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I’m buying a new house and there are two large mulberry trees in the front yard. One looks awesome, the other looks like it only has 30% of the leaves it should. Slightly yellow maybe. I don’t see any herbicide injury, that’s a normal issue here. It was a wet spring, but the ground is dry and cracked now. Tree is 2.5’ diameter or better. Healthy tree next to it is bigger. They are too close for my liking for their size.

I have a chem liscense and can get anything needed. Will try anything to save it.

Here is the good tree and bad tree. I know they need trimmed bad, next on my todo list.
9A3C883D-E5ED-472C-99F8-AC601988F97E.jpeg 395A8F55-2F32-4581-BD50-08A1A80ABBFA.jpeg
I also noticed the healthy tree doesn’t have a lot of roots that are running above ground like the unhealthy tree.

Texas cotton root rot is also common in this area in cotton I noticed it poped up on my google for mulberry’s. I’m tempted to treat my roots with top guard and see if that stops it.

Texas cotton root rot is also common in this area in cotton I noticed it poped up on my google for mulberry’s. I’m tempted to treat my roots with top guard and see if that stops it.
I'd give a call around first and see if anyone has decided to spend their time and money doing it first. In my experience sometimes you can get a hold of someone who actually knows someone who knows someone who can help and directs you to them. If you let them know you just want a moment of their time you can save yourself tonnes of time. If the area has lots of mulberry trees, odds are others have run into the problem too, or at least consulted. My 2 cents!

Too close together. Very unhealthy.

Sounds like Tordon is the chemical you need (to treat the stump).
That’s what I’m afraid of. Yup I do have Tordon or remedy if I have to cut it down :(

Back