Mullet Or Skullet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLEARVIEW TREE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I try to limit my employee's hair cut to a short high and tight like myself. Anyone got an employee with a mullet or skullet? Isn't that a liability? I figure the long hair's like baggy clothes, a no-no, cuz the chance of getting spooned by the hydraulics feed wheels and sayin bye-bye is so great! LMAO:givebeer: :cheers: :monkey:

Have to have really long hair and be an idiot to get it caught in a chipper.
I am getting my mullet back, going back to the '80s, a good time. If you told me to cut my hair I would walk, see ya. The cleanest cut guys get the least done, seen it.
I wear expensive boots, fallers pants, and the t-shirts of my choice. My fav is my black t-shirt with the album cover from Highway to Hell, the one where AC/DC is scowling, and Angus has devils horns. Maybe if it gets real hot I will saw it off, maybe not, anyways, how much wood can the guy put on the ground in a day? Thats what really matters, its how men are judged in my world.

In my world, mullets get laughed at.

Here's an awesome mullet slideshow. Maybe there should be a tree guy mullet...

Seriously, though - It seems that in this area, professional looking tree companies can be identified by their employees - clean cut, uniforms, no cursing, etc. Maintaining a professional looking crew helps get you high end work.

The cleanest cut guys get the least done, seen it.
That's strange - I've seen the opposite.

In my world, mullets get laughed at.

Here's an awesome mullet slideshow. Maybe there should be a tree guy mullet...

Seriously, though - It seems that in this area, professional looking tree companies can be identified by their employees - clean cut, uniforms, no cursing, etc. Maintaining a professional looking crew helps get you high end work.

That's strange - I've seen the opposite.

I have seen the opposite also. Besides, every hippie I ever hired I ended up beating the crap out of.

Pretty boys

I have seen the opposite also. Besides, every hippie I ever hired I ended up beating the crap out of.

Hippies don't have mullets, they have ponytails. Why the admission of assaulting people?, you beat up hippies, what a man. They are usually pretty scrawny, skinny guys. I ain't scrawny, about 5'11'', 195. I don't think you could beat up every mullet guy, they are usually meat eaters, beer drinkers and hell raisers. I don't drink, don't use, just work hard, image ain't everything, work is.
How can you be real clean if you work hard?, you should have saw chips on you, maybe a bit of grease on your clothes from maintaining equipment, a few scratches, and so on. Do you change your shirts hourly, primp in your truck mirror, comb your hair, clean you nails on coffee break? Wow, look at that guy, he is clean, doesn't get much done but looks good doing it.

Hippies don't have mullets, they have ponytails. Why the admission of assaulting people?, you beat up hippies, what a man. They are usually pretty scrawny, skinny guys. I ain't scrawny, about 5'11'', 195. I don't think you could beat up every mullet guy, they are usually meat eaters, beer drinkers and hell raisers. I don't drink, don't use, just work hard, image ain't everything, work is.
How can you be real clean if you work hard?, you should have saw chips on you, maybe a bit of grease on your clothes from maintaining equipment, a few scratches, and so on. Do you change your shirts hourly, primp in your truck mirror, comb your hair, clean you nails on coffee break? Wow, look at that guy, he is clean, doesn't get much done but looks good doing it.

an absolute gem, this post.

cut off tshirts for me bud. ladies always look twice when you flex at them. lol

in regards to your description of what a worker looks like i have got to agree. bet you dont wear gloves either.

i have just started a beard too. going on 27 days.

you wont catch me in a mullet though. dirty and nasty? yes. mullet, no.

Yeah, I get dirty when I'm at work, but I don't show up that way. No AC/DC shirts for my crew.

We're talking two different types of tree work here. In line clearance work, you don't have an actual customer that you meet every day, and you don't have to rely on your crew's appearance and attitude to maintain and expand your customer base. Wear whatever you want and grow a mullet. Who cares? In residential and commercial work, however, when I roll up to a house I want my crew looking neat and professional. They have to be respectful to the client and have a thorough knowledge of the job. This helps with the owner's sense of confidence and also really helps with getting new clients (neighbors and drive-bys).

I don't think you could beat up every mullet guy, they are usually meat eaters, beer drinkers and hell raisers.

Exactly. That's why I don't want them on my crew.

No offense to anyone at all. But, was doin storm damage tuesday in Gatlinburg, Tn. for an older couple that are attorneys here and in delaware! Their weekend house here was about a 400k home(appx. 3500 sqft i imagine, and in town) and i'm sure living on the coast in Delaware for them is lavish too! They had to go out for the day and offered to leave the house open if we needed in. Now, keep in mind i'd only known them for 24 hrs. since they accepted my proposal! I briefly explained that we were appreciative, but do not go into customers homes at all and that we are fully self sufficient while working! Had we not been clean cut, had no type of uniforms, and definitely not been driving my late model diesel p/u with decals pulling nice equip. i can guarantee you they would've thought twice about there thoughts of initially leaving the house unlocked! Some may have different clientel that they deal with, but these folks were:monkey: attorneys and are typical of the folks i've got to please on a daily basis!! Wonder what Mayor Brian Atchley of Sevierville(a friend of the family and he signs my checks) would think if i had hair down to my ars and was wearing not so upbeat clothing the next time he said hello while out to lunch???? Different strokes for diff folks i guess.

Some women do.

Ladies don't.

i was using the term ladies very loosely. and believe me they all look.

No offense to anyone at all. But, was doin storm damage tuesday in Gatlinburg, Tn. for an older couple that are attorneys here and in delaware! Their weekend house here was about a 400k home(appx. 3500 sqft i imagine, and in town) and i'm sure living on the coast in Delaware for them is lavish too! They had to go out for the day and offered to leave the house open if we needed in. Now, keep in mind i'd only known them for 24 hrs. since they accepted my proposal! I briefly explained that we were appreciative, but do not go into customers homes at all and that we are fully self sufficient while working! Had we not been clean cut, had no type of uniforms, and definitely not been driving my late model diesel p/u with decals pulling nice equip. i can guarantee you they would've thought twice about there thoughts of initially leaving the house unlocked! Some may have different clientel that they deal with, but these folks were:monkey: attorneys and are typical of the folks i've got to please on a daily basis!! Wonder what Mayor Brian Atchley of Sevierville(a friend of the family and he signs my checks) would think if i had hair down to my ars and was wearing not so upbeat clothing the next time he said hello while out to lunch???? Different strokes for diff folks i guess.

nice i like the name dropping.

you know mike? mike oxsbig?

cant tell you how many times ive been offered to use the bathroom of the house we are working at. just because i wear cut off tshirts doesnt mean i dont tuck them in. not one boss has ever had a problem with my work attire.

would i rock a uniform? surely. dirty up someone else's gear for a change and get it washed for free. i'd have no problems with it.

hey clearance. when you sit in the barber chair do you tell him " business up front party in the back" when he asks how you want your haircut ?

just curious.

Mullets

Good question...I woudl say that anyone who would actually rock one in all seriousness deserves some respect. We have a client who is all about the mullet. He wears short shorts, high socks, workboots, a cut off shirt and ROCKS the mullet to the fullest. I mean like gel, tightly combed, never overgrown, a very manicured hairdo.Totally stuck in the 80's. Last summer we were there and I had never met him before, I just asumed he was another rich ####head, he came out and I was pruning some wisteria that is suspended on aarbor abov ehis patio off his patio. He told me " Yea, dont rape it, just get the hangy ****." Mullets are sick.

You are a real piece of work aren't you?

Some think I am. I have had guys that work for me tell me I am a major jerk with all my rules and clean-crew jazz, but I like the way I am. And yeah, I had to beat up a couple hippies and one was my size (six three and about 255). I think mullet hair looks O.K........on a chick.

I admit I am pretty bad about combing my hair all the time.

Good question...I woudl say that anyone who would actually rock one in all seriousness deserves some respect. We have a client who is all about the mullet. He wears short shorts, high socks, workboots, a cut off shirt and ROCKS the mullet to the fullest. I mean like gel, tightly combed, never overgrown, a very manicured hairdo.Totally stuck in the 80's. Last summer we were there and I had never met him before, I just asumed he was another rich ####head, he came out and I was pruning some wisteria that is suspended on aarbor abov ehis patio off his patio. He told me " Yea, dont rape it, just get the hangy ****." Mullets are sick.

Man, talk about a Joe Dirt. That's funny as freakin hell! I would've died laughing and rolled outta the darn tree! Man that guy would be somethin to see. Business in the front and party in the rear. Rock on!:monkey:

Wish I had enough hair for a :censored: mullet. Oh wait didn't Billy Ray Cirus have one of those back in the day:dizzy:. Even when I had hair it was buzzed. I'm all about low maintenance.

Have to have really long hair and be an idiot to get it caught in a chipper.
I am getting my mullet back, going back to the '80s, a good time. If you told me to cut my hair I would walk, see ya. The cleanest cut guys get the least done, seen it.
I wear expensive boots, fallers pants, and the t-shirts of my choice. My fav is my black t-shirt with the album cover from Highway to Hell, the one where AC/DC is scowling, and Angus has devils horns. Maybe if it gets real hot I will saw it off, maybe not, anyways, how much wood can the guy put on the ground in a day? Thats what really matters, its how men are judged in my world.

You got a good attitude even if I think you might look a little silly witha mullet. Come-on its funny looking.
I used to have some pretty long curly locks the girls just loved. I would ponytail it to climb and pretty soon it got nasty.
I now use the # 4 attachment on the clippers which gets it pretty short. I do it myself, it saves money, time and makes my ears stick out, way out. Feels really good. Other than that jeans and T shirts. No holes in the jeans though, that's how you end up with saw dust in your boots.
What is a skullet?

Skullet-a mullet on a guy who is part bald. Ponytails-No freakin way, thats hippie stuff, no way.

I am not sure this guy is stuck in the 80's. I am leaning towards homo. Short shorts and boots? Like the construction guy from The Village People?

Back