murphy switch on bandit chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldenarbortec@

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I would love to know if any of you people have had problems with the Murphy switch in your bandit chippers. I have a 05 1590 and I have used 7 to date and all have had to been replaced. You have to tape them up and that worked for a while then you have to take a twig or somthing else to hold it in. The one that I have of my own just started up now and we have to tape it so it will let the engine run. Does anyone know if you have to take the front panel off to replace it or if you just unscrew it and do it that way. I guess the newer ones don't have this problem but what a headach it is when you have to start this machine.

Thanks

Always!!!! I just by passed mine, its a fail safe! but if you check your gauges frequently you`ll have no problem, unless you like spending the money for something to go bad every 6 months to a year!!

LXT............

murphy switch

Thank you so much for your advise.. Sounds good to me. Do you remember what color wire to bypass with? Is is off the ignition key? If you can remember it would be so helpful. Thanks again..
mike

What I did was run all gauges direct, the murphy switch is kind of a connect all!! My key switch is a Lucas.....refered to by many as the prince of darkness(usually british vehicles use such), now what happened was I coudnt turn the machine off with the key switch, so I put a marine toggle switch to the coil, in other words no spark no run but the key will still need to work for the power from the Batt.

PM me if you need to, Ill send my Phone # & can explain better that way!! unless this helped!!

LXT............

Back