musings...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckwheat

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys. 'thought I'd share an exerpt from an op-ed piece I wrote for a local magazine about parenting. Its a little humorous, but the article focuses on the differences between men and women, and solitude:

"I've come to the conclusion that most women don't understand chainsaws - they just don't get it. Nothing for a guy, barring great sex, is more satisfying than a gas powered tool designed for the complete dissection of a mammoth object. It requires a degree of skill to operate, planning to make sure the tree falls correctly, strength to hold the thing and load the logs, there is risk of serious injury, there is a lot of noise; and when done, there is a lot to show for it. Added to this testosterone rush is the satisfaction of knowing that its wood - the fuel of our pioneer forefathers, v. oil, the fuel that costs too much and comes from places we periodically invade with our armed forces. So its downright patriotic."....

It's amazing what goes through your head when you're out in the woods!

Excellent prose, Buck. Unfortunately, I'm not so educated in the finer arts, so when I'm out in the woods, my tendency is to ponder more analytical musings...

Back