mustang gt or camaro ss?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustang gt or camaro ss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fords got more articulation in those tests. The solid axle/coil spring trucks were/are superb off road along w some frame twist. I'm pretty sure they built them to flex but still be strong.
I think it's the suspension that provides the articulation ideally? It looked old I think the ford is aluminum now.

I know a lot of people love Dodge, but my experience with them renders me completely uninterested. Yes, they make some flashy vehicles, but their engineering and reliability are sub par. That being said, the challenger is a nice looking vehicle.

Problem is Chevy is turning out a decent car off the floor while ford's gotta send it to someone. Roush, Shelby.

Perhaps it's the government infusion they got a few years ago.

I've always been a Mustang guy.

Sent from a field

?? You mean Holden, right? If we are talking the Camaro. The only GM vehicle that impresses me in the new Vette. CJ

?? You mean Holden, right? If we are talking the Camaro. The only GM vehicle that impresses me in the new Vette. CJ[/t th
2016-cts-v-sedan-overview-masthead-1280x347_1.jpg

640 horse enough

I bought a Dodge diesel brand new in 2004,still have it and probably will for at least 10 more years,unless I die.But I will never by a new Chrysler or GM product until they pay the tax payers back for the bail out.My next truck if I buy new will be a Ford.
Agree 100%

being that I used to be a tech guy and real hot rodder of newer cars..... I also got to test drive new cars.....

My $.02.....

Both the Camaro SS and Mustang GT will cost you $40-$45k loaded.... Both are about on par for performance....

The Camaro feels a little porky and heavy in the corners without the 1LE package....

The Mustang wants to rev out more....

As for longevity....

The GM engine gets the nod most likely....

The Ford is a Dang good design as well, but much more complicated and more parts means more likely to fail....

A question for you.....

Do you plan on keeping this new car more than the life of the warranty or not likely??

Have you considered a Ford Focus RS or a Mercedes AMG A45 ?

It is highly regarded as a real drivers car and they are incredible to drive, a real blast!

The AWD system is much easier to get performance out of without a bunch of tire prep like the Camaro and Mustang will require....

Remember.... Spinning ain't winning....

Also, as a side note.... I grew up on musclecars..... building them and driving them.....

If you are really wanting a "musclecar" experience, I feel there are none better than the new Dodge Challenger R/T. It feels like a real musclecar and is easy and fun to drive. You can go fast with it (485hp) or just tool around and enjoy it. Easy to get in and out of and decent room in the back seat for passengers as well. The quality has come a long way in the last 10 years, and they aren't the same old Dodge. Besides... It has a Hemi!

being that I used to be a tech guy and real hot rodder of newer cars..... I also got to test drive new cars.....

My $.02.....

Both the Camaro SS and Mustang GT will cost you $40-$45k loaded.... Both are about on par for performance....

The Camaro feels a little porky and heavy in the corners without the 1LE package....

The Mustang wants to rev out more....

As for longevity....

The GM engine gets the nod most likely....

The Ford is a Dang good design as well, but much more complicated and more parts means more likely to fail....

A question for you.....

Do you plan on keeping this new car more than the life of the warranty or not likely??

Have you considered a Ford Focus RS or a Mercedes AMG A45 ?

It is highly regarded as a real drivers car and they are incredible to drive, a real blast!

The AWD system is much easier to get performance out of without a bunch of tire prep like the Camaro and Mustang will require....

Remember.... Spinning ain't winning....

Also, as a side note.... I grew up on musclecars..... building them and driving them.....

If you are really wanting a "musclecar" experience, I feel there are none better than the new Dodge Challenger R/T. It feels like a real musclecar and is easy and fun to drive. You can go fast with it (485hp) or just tool around and enjoy it. Easy to get in and out of and decent room in the back seat for passengers as well. The quality has come a long way in the last 10 years, and they aren't the same old Dodge. Besides... It has a Hemi!

I had an opportunity to buy a fully restored 1969 Hertz Shelby in 1979 for $5500...

Going back to the late '60's, I think I would have opted for an AMX with the Go Package.

I had a '64 Studebaker Avanti, unfortunately it wasn't blistering off the line. It was the fastest production car at the time, but how often do you have 5 miles of open road to wind out a car?

I just bought a late model Shelby Mustang. It's one of two Widebody convertibles made by Shelby American in Vegas. 624 HP with 20x13 rear wheels with 345's.

2013%20GT350%20Widebody%20Convertible%2068_zpswtkxqbp9.jpg
You could buy a beat up foxbody for the price of those rear tires. Nice looking car.

Back