my 12v grinder setup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asthesun

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
got tired of cutting my finger in the same spot every time i'd sharpen a chain and didnt feel like having a chain mail glove so here's my solution. its the tecomec 12v chain grinder. i've seen these mentioned before on this site so dont get too excited unless its new to you, i'm mostly just bragging about how i have it set up.

the thing came with clamps for your truck's battery terminals, but i didnt really want to pop the hood every time i wanted to grind, nor did i want to sit on the ground in front of the truck to grind, so i ran a cord to the back and put polarized plugs on the cord and the grinder.

i noticed that the weight of the grinder on the bar makes it awkward to use so i bolted a piece of wood to the tailgate and got a cheapo vise to hold the saw.

DSCN2113.jpg

DSCN2116.jpg

one more thing, in case you want this grinder. from what i could tell, tecomec is the only company that makes this item. bailey's sells one called 'sharpboy' which is this unit under a different name, there's also one called 'baby jolly' (lol...?) which is also this exact same unit. the one shown is imported from tecomec by oregon company which i ordered from northern tool and supply.

Latest posts

Back