My advertising video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad... that soundtrack almost gave me an anxiety attack, other than that :cheers:

Those suspenders connected to your saddle?? I didnt notice, but if so do you find they help keep your belt up pretty good??

Well, I might make a video called how to cut that tree down in half the time you took and twice as safe. :)

I was trying to be kind sinse he went to the trouble of putting up a vid for us ekka, sort of a rare moment for me.

Yeah, you had me confused again. And Ekka, that is not like you.

Anyway, timber hitching a web strap is not a good way to go. Also if you are going to cut limbs off with one hand and hold them with the other you should be below the limb as it gives more room and more time to swing the saw and branch away from each other.
Sure I would have just stripped the thing up from the bottom instead of going to the top first then coming back down and then going back up.
And what a freakin mess you made on the ground. Are you supposed to get that stuff out of there?
Thanks for posting Dok, take care.

And what a freakin mess you made on the ground. Are you supposed to get that stuff out of there?
Thanks for posting Dok, take care.

That would be my only concern about using this vid for potential customers. Make sure you get a few "All cleaned up" shots to show as well lest the HO thinks they'll have a huge mess to deal with. Nice vid though.

And Ekka, that is not like you.

Well, I was going to get into all the BS in that video then figured that if I wrote a controversial challenging post others would break out of their "we're too gutless to say the truth" habit and tell the poster what was wrong and why.

It also makes viewers look at it more critically to see what the errors and inefficiencies are.

And I see now people are starting to see the light.

:yourock:

Well, I was going to get into all the BS in that video then figured that if I wrote a controversial challenging post others would break out of their "we're too gutless to say the truth" habit and tell the poster what was wrong and why.

It also makes viewers look at it more critically to see what the errors and inefficiencies are.

And I see now people are starting to see the light.

:yourock:

well nothing is stopping you now so start flapping dem gums.

Around 1.08 only one attachment point whilst cutting and one handing. Why on earth when you can drop the limbs anyway and do so .... do you bother one handing?

At 1.21 cutting well above shoulder height and one handing it up there.

Also clip that saw up high so you dont have to pull it up as far like you did at 1.19 and also looks silly at 1.42 it hanging there (running).... but I know you can do it because you did it at 2.20

At 2.35 you didn't wrap your thumb under the handle.

At 2.50 we can see the scarf angle is too shallow for taking the top out, what ya got there maybe 30 degrees at best.

Dont line the lowering block and the Port-a-wrap up on the trunk, helps avoid the load crushing the lowering line into the trunk and also lowering onto your porty, seen in small window on lower RH side at 4.03 and again at 4.10 when piece is lowered and does hit the lowering line.

Now, faster would have been to limb it on way up, fell the head out and block it down forgetting about the lower rope coz you bombed enough crap out the back of the tree anyway including the spar that was felled. :cool:

Around 1.08 only one attachment point whilst cutting and one handing. Why on earth when you can drop the limbs anyway and do so .... do you bother one handing?

At 1.21 cutting well above shoulder height and one handing it up there.

Also clip that saw up high so you dont have to pull it up as far like you did at 1.19 and also looks silly at 1.42 it hanging there (running).... but I know you can do it because you did it at 2.20

At 2.35 you didn't wrap your thumb under the handle.

At 2.50 we can see the scarf angle is too shallow for taking the top out, what ya got there maybe 30 degrees at best.

Dont line the lowering block and the Port-a-wrap up on the trunk, helps avoid the load crushing the lowering line into the trunk and also lowering onto your porty, seen in small window on lower RH side at 4.03 and again at 4.10 when piece is lowered and does hit the lowering line.

Now, faster would have been to limb it on way up, fell the head out and block it down forgetting about the lower rope coz you bombed enough crap out the back of the tree anyway including the spar that was felled. :cool:

I ask and I get, thanks. Though I do say you are being a wee bit over critical but its not a bad thing.

I mentioned the one handing which I do especially on conifers. My method IS to cut above my head, grab the limb and toss it. This way there is room and time for error. I only do this on limbs that are not to big and I know I can handle. Holding limbs like Treeboggan did might pull you over into the saw, my way the saw goes one way while the limb ( and your hand) goes another while ready to ditch the saw if need be.
Of course the only time a saw should be running is if you are cutting. Having a running saw clipped to your side is really bad.

There are alot of things in that Video that come from the comfort of practice.

Much like using one hand on the Steering wheel of a car or exceeding the speed limit in conditions that allow it.It all comes down the the freedom of choice that us who live in a democracy enjoy.

nice video mike....as the title says, its a promotional video, hence the use of some techniques that you probably wouldnt have used on that particular tree otherwise.......that obviously went over most peoples heads. You got what you set out for, probably one of the best shot and edited tree videos ive seen to date, well done:clap:

There are alot of things in that Video that come from the comfort of practice.

Much like using one hand on the Steering wheel of a car or exceeding the speed limit in conditions that allow it.It all comes down the the freedom of choice that us who live in a democracy enjoy.

Well now you are sounding like a complete lunatic with the way you drive. Seriously? Democracy? Treework? A democracy? Really? No way.

Yes I see you do look kinda comfy but we ain't your customers so we are going to say something about funny stuff. Like this ain't no democracy and how the heck you got that strap to stay there is pretty cool. How did you get that strap to stay there?

Latest posts

Back