My advertising video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy who filmed the Video had been a Camera man for an Italian TV channel.Fortunatly for us there was a steep hill with a platform build on it to the side of where we were Climbing.That enabled him to take footage at a level almost equal to me in hight.

I agree that the video is a little bit too long,he did mention this.However we cut alot out of his original edit.

Its main thrust is to show potential clients that we don't simply Fell the Tree in one,or tie ladders to it and limb it with Pole Saws.

I have let this lie for some time now however succumb to comment as I cannot let a fallacy dominate fact. There is no about face, just knowledge and competence that OOMT doesn't have nor is experienced or qualified to discuss.

Whenever you climb on your pedastal atop your ivory tower to pontificate to the masses Ekka I seem to hear the Superman movie theme in the background.

I have a couple of questions SuperEkka.

Why do you wear your underwear outside your trousers?

Does having xray vision mean you dont need to do a VTA like us mortals?

Don't take another 22 days to thrill the audience Ekka, reply soon. We love it!

The video has great camera work, and the pip in the corner of the view is a great addition. The material in the main view and the pip could be modified towards the random, know nothing customer than towards tree climbing fanatics.

5 minutes is too drawn out for customers. The don't care about the nuances in the techniques. They don't even know what those are for even if you show them off.

Just flash through the whole job in a minute or minute and a half. Make the job look hard, tedious, and so dangerous only those heros can pull this kind of work off. Make it look as though you are are a bunch of pros though. Briefly flash all of this before their eyes, and there will be no way in hell they can assume your work is worth less than what it is.

The camera work was clear and steady. Good job.

Good points here imo. A shorter version would allow the consumer to see your skills and let you edit out any controversial cuts.

Treebogan I think the video you posted is what in Australia we call the rushes. That is, the film you see before the final editing. There are some great shots overall and with some hard cuts you could produce just what FTA has suggested. A great promo video for clients who will be wowed by a tree dismantled from a harness and not a bucket.

If you use the video as is, good luck to you. If you decide to edit it further please post it here. I would love to see it.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Well I mean, let's remember one thing, a lot of tree services in the US don't even have a web site let alone a professionally made video, so let's at least give him that!

Tree Bogan, this is your hook for you web site. Take a look at the time lapsed video here in this forum. It's like 9 seconds long, but it's perfect it's exactly what is catchy to a customer.

I think a lot of customers kind of want to be taken in like they do when they go to see a movie. Your video, while filmed very well, was something that would make people just kind of want to drip off of their chairs non chalantly, and forget about the tree take down video. The time lapsed video takes a customer for all they're going to get out of it the tree job in on blast.

One, they want the tree done. Two, they don't and can't do the labor themselves. Three, sum up the whole thing in one fling, and save them their time i.e. time lapesed video of a tree take down.

Make it catchy and conservative with the music like in the time lapsed video here on this forum, and you have put yourself at the top of customers' lists of which companies they have to choose gets the jobs, or they just call you for the good vibe and confidence the video instilled in them. The long video you've got, would not do that.

Use the camera man you used on the time lapsed job, and wallah. I think you've got a real bread winning hook in your neigborhood, my friend.

Tree Bogan, this is your hook for you web site. Take a look at the time lapsed video here in this forum. It's like 9 seconds long, but it's perfect it's exactly what is catchy to a customer.

I think a lot of customers kind of want to be taken in like they do when they go to see a movie. Your video, while filmed very well, was something that would make people just kind of want to drip off of their chairs non chalantly, and forget about the tree take down video. The time lapsed video takes a customer for all they're going to get out of it the tree job in on blast.

One, they want the tree done. Two, they don't and can't do the labor themselves. Three, sum up the whole thing in one fling, and save them their time i.e. time lapesed video of a tree take down.

Make it catchy and conservative with the music like in the time lapsed video here on this forum, and you have put yourself at the top of customers' lists of which companies they have to choose gets the jobs, or they just call you for the good vibe and confidence the video instilled in them. The long video you've got, would not do that.

Use the camera man you used on the time lapsed job, and wallah. I think you've got a real bread winning hook in your neigborhood, my friend.

Yeah, you could do that too...if only you could actually do any treework! lol. :)

Man I'm sick of your babbling on dude.

Back